Someone like you - Chapter 4

Your P.O.V.

I woke up that fine Thrusday morning with a smile. Which is weird because normally I'm like blahh. Mom helped me paint my room one of my favorite colors, light blue! It looked nice, especially with the white linen hanging over my window and all my Justin Bieber posters. Anyways, I took a shower and got dressed into a pair of skinny jeans and black vans, with a black V neck. I've decided to let my hair go natrual today, but only straighten my bangs. I head down stairs to find Mom sitting at the kitchen table looking at some home magazines. 

She looked up and excitedly gleamed,"Oh, good morning sweetie!" I just chuckled at how extremely happy she is at such an early time. It's ridiculous, really. "Morning, momma! Do you want some breakfast?" I said as I was pouring myself a glass of orange juice. I was feeling a bit more generous this morning than normal, so why not? 

"Sure, can you get me some toast with jam, please? Oh, and a glass of water." I took out another cup from the cupboard and walked over to the fridge and put some water in it with ice cubes.  "Ok.. um what type of jam do you want?" I said while planted two slices of bread into the toaster.

"Strawberry, please! Oh, and happy 1 week from Thanksgiving!" She said with that cheerful voice of hers. Thanksgiving? It can't possibly be Thanksgiving next week.. Can it? "Time sure does fly.." I sighed.

"Well we've only been here for about a week.."  Mentally, I rolled my eyes. I can't ever do that really in front of my mom or else she'd slap me silly. "I know, I guess with all the events that have happened have made everything go so much slower.." I said, as memories start to refill my mind.

She looked down and away, remembering. "Yea, you're right.."

I brought her the toast with jam and a glass of water. Then, I went upstairs to clean my room, as there are clothes and boxes making it almost impossible go to my bed. And yes, I can get a little OCD at times, haha. But just before I was about to start, my phone rang. It was a text.

From Austin.

To be honest, that little girl deep inside me jumped for joy to see his name pop up on my iPhone. But seeing as he probably doesn't like me back, I'll just keep it on the down low. He will most likely never will anyways. I mean, who will ever think of having the slightest thought of being interested in me? No one, that's who. I unlocked my phone and the brightness of the screen blinded my eyes for a moment and made me see all those colorful circle or weird shapes all over the place. 

With a cool blue background, the text simply read,"Hey ". Hey. Just a simple 'Hey', and nothing easily? Clearly, he isn't interested. There's no smiley face at the end. No winky face or anything! If he really was into me, he would've have done that. 

"Hey Austin " I typed backed. Heh, that'll show 'em. That'll show him real good.