f o u r

Justin

I trudged downstairs tiredly, yet again waking up this morning without the help of Zayn.

I knew breakfast was ready since it was all I could smell.

I sighed, rubbing my sore wrist a little. It was healing, thank god, but it was taking forever.

I walked into the dining room, blushing when most of the wolves stared at me, shaking their heads in disappointment.

I suppose they all are annoyed about what happened yesterday. Zayn probably told them I was in trouble as well.

I bit my lip, slowly making my way to my usual seat - relieved Zayn was here, eating his breakfast.

I smiled thankfully at the plate of bacon and eggs already saved for me.

Liam cleared his throat, "We have to talk about something important." He announced at the table, other wolves who were talking quieted down.

"Is everything alright?" Amy asked, tucking her bright red hair behind her ear.

Zayn swallowed his food and sighed, "No. We have a threat looming around our territory. It seems they're either going to attack or request a meeting. Which means no one is to leave."

A few gasps broke out along the long table, wolves chatting softly in concern.

Niall frowned, "Are we in danger, is it hunters?"

"We could be, and its not hunters. Its another Pack." Zayn stated, "Tonight I will give them a chance to talk like mature wolves, if not, we will be fighting soon enough. So everyone needs to stand their ground."

I widened my eyes. Is it Jason's pack? What if he hurts Zayn?

Should I say something?

I didnt want Zayn to get hurt, and I honestly didnt want Jason to get hurt either... I couldnt exactly understand why I wouldnt want that, the jerk broke my wrist after all.

"Seeing as some of us think they can be mature and do some ridiculous things, like running off." Zayn said firmly, obviously hinting at me, "I think you should join me and see exactly how these things go. Maybe you'll witness a fight." Zayn snapped at me.

I shrunk in my seat, my cheeks heating up as everyone tsked at me.

Great.

-

I sat on the couch, biting my bottom lip as Harry pulled Louis into a cuddle on the opposite couch.

It was a little after lunch, and I was nervous about Zayn taking me along to a pack meeting.

He was currently out announcing he was open for a conversation tonight; I suppose I should be happy that Zayn is going to let me join him; but it was my first time being part of something like that so I was nervous.

I pursed my lips as my thoughts then ended up on Jason, he cured the clawmarks so easily last night, and I still had no clue as to how.

I've never heard of an Alpha's saliva curing things like that before - and if I have it must have been a very long time ago, seeing that I've forgotten all about it.

I looked up at Harry and Louis, deciding maybe I should ask them.

They were nice and usually always had answers for a lot of things, I'm glad they are in the lounge room with me.

"Harry?" I spoke up, noticing Louis had drifted off into a nap.

Harry glanced up, his green eyes on me while he ran his hand up and down on Louis' arm, "Yeah Justin?"

"Um, I was wondering if you knew anything about, uh, Alpha's and like, healing stuff..?" I blushed brightly, trying not to sound like a weirdo.

Harry hummed, "What exactly about healing and Alpha's?"

I looked around the room, nervous, "Well, there's this Beta... he got clawed by an alpha," I then looked down to my feet, "The claw marks started stinging badly when the Alpha was near him, but then the alpha licked the marks and well, they disappeared."

Harry furrowed his brows, "Really? Who's this alpha and beta?"

I blushed, "They're not real," I lied quickly, "I'm reading a novel and its weird and I dont underdtand it."

"Well," Harry chuckled, "Its obviously a love story, then."

I blushed, widening my eyes, "What?"

"Well it sounds like the Alpha imprinted on the beta. Thats why his saliva healed the claw marks. When an Alpha imprints, his healing power becomes really strong, especially on his mate."

I felt my stomach drop. What the hell does Imprint mean? What does Harry mean by that? I know that mate means they're lovers but I dont love Jason and is imprinting serious? Why don't I understand this?

Harry laughed louder, "You look pale. Never read a love story before, huh? You're too cute."

I forced a laugh, "Ha, yeah."

Am I in trouble or something?