Chapter 33: Hello, My Name Is Home Wrecker

Okay, i know i said that there was two more chapters, but i lied. this is going to be the last chapter, BUT there will be an epilouge so no need to worry haha the story doesnt end here! :D

So i'd really appreciate it if you all took the time to vote and maybe comment if you'd like? I'd love you all if you do!

so here is CH 33! It's sorta lame...and short... but i promise that the epilogue will make it all up to you! It will be longer and just better haha i already have it all planned out in my head! WOOOO!

anywho...Happy reading!

Kat :)

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 33: Hello, My Name Is Home Wrecker

It felt strange to be sitting in Dean Jacobs’s office with Mr. Phelps. My old, but new principal talking to my old dean. The thought just scared me. Not only that, but just being back at Dalton felt weird. It felt odd, but relaxing. As if I could already feel the stress and weight that this place bestowed on me during August just lifting off of my shoulders and into this horrible room.

I was thankful that Mr. Phelps came with me to help dis-enroll me since my mom had to work late all week. It was almost normal now; having Mr. Phelps here with me, doing the job of my dad. It wasn't exactly the same, but it felt nice to have the support. The support of a man who wanted nothing more than to make my life better.

It's only been a week since my talk with Mr. Phelps at his house and since then, a lot has happened. My mom welcomed Mr. Phelps back into her life in a heartbeat, which I assumed would happen. When I came home with him she almost lost it, in fact she busted out in tears when he asked her to take him back.

“Of course I will, David!” My mom had said when he showed up at her door step with a bouquet of yellow roses, her favorite kind of flowers. She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him. As creepy as it is to see your mom kiss your old principal, it was almost sweet.

And for the first time in a long time, Katie was proud of me. As dumb as I felt searching for my little sister’s approval, it was something that I had been craving all year. And standing there, behind my mom and Mr. Phelps, I locked eyes with Katie and she nodded her head slowly and smiled at me, as if saying “good job, Cora. I’m proud of you.” And you know. I was proud of myself too. I was happy that my mom could be happy again. even if it wasn’t with my dad. Mr. Phelps was a close second.

Then, to top it all off, Mr. Phelps helped me make a call to UIC, to a Mr. Gabriel Washburn. Mr. Phelps made the initial call. He also did a lot of negotiating and begging, but finally Mr. Washburn agreed to set up a meeting with us later that week. When we met at a small diner off of Walnut and Hadley, I did most of the talking. I told Mr. Washburn all the impressive facts about Blaine as a pitcher and how he’d make a great addition to his team. I also gave the scout positive points on Blaine’s style of play, because I’ve seen Blaine play enough that I knew Blaine was good enough to get in.

“I already called Blaine Jacobs two weeks ago to talk to him about his future with college baseball and his father said that Blaine decided to take another route.” Mr. Washburn said at the meeting.

I shook my head. “But you didn’t hear it from Blaine.” I pointed out, then added. “Just please, make a call to Blaine and talk to him yourself, ask him what he wants. That’s all I ask of you.”

And Mr. Washburn agreed. “You’re a smart girl, Ms. Hall."

“Isn’t she?” Mr. Phelps agreed. I just smiled, too excited that the meeting actually went as planned and that Blaine was now getting his second chance at doing what he loves.