Chapter 5: Hello, My Name Is Tampon-Top

Here is chapter five! Thanks to anyone who is reading haha :)) it means a lot!

Happy reading!  

Kat :))

Chapter 5: Hello, My Name Is Tampon-Top

I sat in an uncomfortable chair in the back of my second period class. I could barely make out the block letters that my calculus teacher, Mr. Hutchinson, was writing on the smart board due to the tampon-top frizz-ball that was seated in front of me. I sat up straight in my chair and peered over the girls massive mountain of wild fire curls.

Oh, how I wish I had a hairnet or something to tame these curls of hers. I didn't want to say anything to her because with hair like that, she must be self-conscious about it. Hell, I would be and I'd personally beat the crap out of anyone who brought it up. So I was forced to sit up in my seat and look over her puffball.

When the bell rang, dismissing the class, Tampon-top turned around and looked at me. That's when I recognized her as the girl from The Cocoa Hut. The waitress that served me all my coffee. I almost didn't recognize her without her hair pulled back. It seemed like she recognized me as well because when she turned, her green eyes widened and she laughed, "Well, isn't it the coffee addict."

Funny thing was, after I left Blaine in the dean's office and got my extra key, I bought a cup of coffee at a little stand on the way to class. However, there was no way in hell that she knew I did that. But, I don't see myself as a coffee addict. I drink it because I like it. We don't call all the people who drink a lot of water 'water addicts' do we? It just doesn't make sense.

"Laura, right?" I asked, pretending that she never made a comment about my coffee addictions.

"Lauren." She corrected. "And you're Coral?"

I had a feeling that she messed up my name on purpose but for some reason it didn't bother me. That is until I remembered my talk with Cason about the purpose of coral. I shuddered.

"No, it's Cora." I said smiling.

"Oh wow, I'm sorry. If it helps Cora sounds way better than Coral." She said getting up from her chair and slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

"Thanks, just do me a favor and never mention Coral when you're around Cason." I warned as I followed her lead and got off of my seat.

"Oh no. Did he go through a whole documentary on coral?" She asked as we walked out the door and down the busy hall.

"Yes and may I add that I almost killed myself."

"Don't we all. He is cute until he opens his mouth and goes on about something like Newtons third law." She laughed.

"Amen to that." I said. I had to admit that I was beginning to like this girl. After meeting Anna, I had lost all hope for all the girls here. So I was glad that there was a girl here who I could actually hold a conversation with without wanting to claw my eyes out. "So what class do you have?"

She cocked her head. "By class, do you mean lunch? At Dalton we run a block schedule. Two classes in the morning and two after lunch. Didn't you look at your schedule at all?" She laughed.

"By schedule, do you mean the green piece of paper that I used to spit my gum out in?" I asked.

Lauren let out a musical laugh and hooked her arm around my shoulder. "Oh god, you are my best friend."