Chapter 31: Hello, My Name Is Gutter Ball Kate

Hey! Here's another chapter for you all! I know it's shorter than my usual and its a bit of a filler. the next one will hopefully be better! and just so you know there is going to be like..two or three more chapter after this for sure :)

so i'd REALLY REALLY appreciate it if you all could maybe vote? PLEASE? haha and comment if you like :)

thank you for sticking with me! and if the youtube video doesnt work...the song is The Harold Song by Ke$ha...it just reminds me of Blaine and Cora.

happy reading!

Kat :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 31: Hello, My Name Is Gutter Ball Kate

My eyes were trained on the TV screen, anxious to see the developing scene between Justin Harris, the towns bad boy who's recently been assigned community service by doing yard work for the town's chief officer, and Kristen Aimes, the chief officer's oldest daughter.

"I can't, Justin," Kristen said, pulling her hand away from Justin.

The look that spread across Justin’s face was enough to make me start tearing up. "But, why?"

"You know why," she said, turning slightly so she wouldn't have to face Justin.

"Because of what people say I did?" He asked, stepping toward Kristen. "Do you believe them?"

She shrugged. "I don't know what to believe. But I'd rather be safe than sorry."

Justin closed the space between them and stepped in front of Kristen so she had no choice but to look at his piercing blue eyes. "But what if you're sorry for being safe? There's no reason for you to feel threatened by me. Haven't these past few months showed that to you?"

You could tell that a lot was going through Kristen's head. Her light brown eyes were searching Justin's face for something but I don't know what it was. Part of me was waiting for her to throw her arms around his shoulders and engulf him in a sweet kiss that my mom and I have been anticipating since their first meeting; but the other part of me, the more logical part, knew she wasn't going to stay. She was going to listen to her father’s orders and stay away from Justin.

Kristen pulled away and dipped her head. "I'm sorry but my dad warned me about guys like you."

And with that, she left and Lifetime cut to commercial.

"Can you pass," I said in-between sobs to my mom. "The Kleenex box?"

My mom sniffed, handing it over. "Sure thing."

"Thank you," I thanked as I grabbed the box, set it next to me, then proceeded to take out a wad of Kleenex to blow my nose into.

"It's not fair," my mom began. "It's just not fair."

"I know, how could her parents do that to them?" I agreed, my nose still very stuffy.

"They were so perfect together."

"You could tell it was true love from the moment they met-"

"Then everything had to get ruined."

"Well, that's just life, when you have something good, it gets ripped from your grasp."

"And you just get left in the dust."

"Alone."

We both continued to ball, more at our lives in general rather than the movie that my mom and I were watching. We have been in this same position all week; my mom and I watching movies off Lifetime and Oxygen, eating ice cream and crying our eyes out because of all the sappy love stories gone wrong. I know this wasn't the best solution to my problem, but it was sure better than watching gory scary movies nonstop, where I'd be up for weeks.