Chapter 26: Hello, My Name Is Paranoid

Hey! Here is Chapter 26! This one is kinda slow...it's a filler but i hope you like it regardless :)

happy reading

kat

___________________________________________________________

Chapter 26: Hello, My Name Is Paranoid

Horrible.

Completely horrible.

That's how the next couple of days were for me. Not only because every time I ran into Katie, she gave me that heartbreaking disappointed look; and not because even Uncle Mark was acting a bit strange around me. He isn't as joking as he was before and it's weird. You know something is wrong when Uncle Mark doesn't crack a lame joke. I hate having everyone know the selfish act I did. And that's not even the worse part.

The worst part is my mom.

I just don't know what I'm going to do with her. I tried talking to her about it, but no response. I have no idea what the hell I am going to do about the whole situation, but I have to fix this but, I'm not sure how.

Well, I do know how, I'm just not sure if I can do that.

What the heck am I talking about? Of course I can talk to Mr. Phelps. It's for my mom. It's just, I'm not sure if it will be worth it in the end. Things seemed to get worse when my mom was dating him and now that he is out of her life, things can go back to how things were when I left for Dalton, right? That's how this is supposed to work?

No. That's not how it's supposed to work. Katie was right; I was being a selfish bitch for running Mr. Phelps out like that. Even when it was on accident. I said some things that I shouldn't have said and now I, along with the rest of my family, have to deal with it.

I have to do something to help, but my options aren't as open as I’d like. I don't know how many times I tried talking to my mom and apologizing for what I did to her, but every time I'd mention him she'd get quiet and just say 'its fine, its fine. You're right.'

I think that's what made it worse. The fact that she was agreeing with me. If she was pissed off at me because of it then at least I know I deserve it; but she isn't mad. She is being forgiving which makes me feel even guiltier about this all. If there is one thing worse than disappointment, it's when you know you did something horrible and you're forgiven even when you know you shouldn't be.

I don't want to be forgiven. It seems like I just keep making things worse for my mom and yet she keeps forgiving me. Like with dad's death and right now with all the bullshit going on with Mr. Phelps.

Even Blaine is skeptical on my situation with my mom. At some days he tells me that it's not my fault that I ran Mr. Phelps off and then other days he tells me that I should just try to apologize to my mom. With Blaine's uncertainty brings me confusion.

What the hell am I going to do?

Now, I was finishing up putting my suitcase in the trunk of Blaine's car. We both decided that we'd ride back to Dalton in his car, rather than 'risking my life in my death trap of a car'. He was complaining the rest of the week about how we should just ride in the same car. After about half a day of 'please, Cora! Please?' I gave into his request. But I made him promise me that we'd come back and get it soon so I wouldn't have to rely on him to drive me everywhere.

"I think that’s everything," Blaine said as he shut the trunk door.

I nodded my head and looked back at my family who was now gathered at the end of our driveway. Well, almost all of them. Amanda and Ashley refuse to get within fifteen feet of me ever since Thanksgiving. I don't blame them for feeling that way; I know that if I get close enough, I'm going to hurt them for what they have done.