Chapter 22: Hello, My Name Is The Queen of Go Karts

Sorry for the wait! Here is chapter 22! :)

Happy reading and enjoy! :)

Kat :)

Chapter 22: Hello, My Name Is The Queen of Go Karts

At first, I thought having my boyfriend over at my house for Thanksgiving would be awkward. But, after a couple of hours, I realized that I was just being paranoid. My mom seemed to be acting normal, and it dent seem like she was breaking out the baby pictures anytime soon. Katie wasn't bagging on me every other second, trying to embarrass me in front of Blaine.

But most of all, Mr. Phelps wasn't here. At least not yet. He'd be here any minute, though.

I sat on the couch, leaning my head on Blaine's chest as he ran his fingers through my head. I really wasn't sure what show we were watching, I was too preoccupied with listening to Blaine's steady heartbeat. I did know that whatever we were watching, it had to be funny. Every few minutes, Blaine would let out a laugh, causing my head to bounce up and down on his chest.

In the kitchen, I could hear my mom preparing dinner. This seemed strange. Not because she was cooking, although since dad died she hasn't really cooked for us, but the fact that she was humming while she cooked. Her humming brought back memories of the days where my dad was alive. Whenever my mom was cooking or cleaning she'd start humming a tune. Any tune, really. It was like her own call, because every time she'd hum, my dad would come up from behind and wrap his arms around her.

Every time I saw them, I knew that they still loved each other. I always hear stories about how married couples seem to loose their fire after a certain amount of years. Although the tees didn't seem to affect my parents one bit. They always looked happy whenever they were together. Like they have been separated all their life and they barely found their way back to each other. It was their look of pure adoration and love. At that time I had no thought that I would ever be in this position.

I continued looking at my mom. Despite everything, I had to admit that she did look better. Her blue eyes have gotten some life back into them and now she was actually putting some effort into her appearance. I didn't want to think that this was the doing of Mr. Phelps, but I didn't believe it. It was time. That was all she needed, not another man.

"Cora."

My head shot up in the direction of the voice. I pulled up too quickly though because as soon as I turned my head, I felt a few hairs get yanked from my scalp. I winced at the slight pain. I sat up and rubbed my scalp.

"Sorry, Cora," Blaine said as he rubbed my head, then proceeded to give me a small kiss where he pulled the hairs out. "Didn't mean to do that."

"It's fine," I mumbled as I looked back at Katie, who was still standing at the door waiting for me. "What?"

"Can I talk to you?" She asked.

By the tone in her voice I could tell that she meant alone. I gave a sympathetic look to Blaine. I didn't really want to leave him here alone. I couldn't imagine how awkward it'd be if I was left alone in someones house. Really awkward.

"Go ahead," Blaine said as if he saw my distress.

"Okay," I nodded and then got up from my comfortable position on the couch. I made my way to Katie and when I reached her she turned on her heel and walked toward her bedroom with me right behind.

Once inside her room I walked over to her bed and sat down as she closed the door.

"So, what's up?" I asked.

She made her way across the room and pulled out her desk chair so she could sit on it. She continued to look at me as she shook her head disapprovingly. "Why are you always like this, Cora?"