Chapter 17: Hello, My Name Is Rebound

Hey! So sorry this one took longer than usual! :/ I had trouble with this chapter... :/

Anyways, hope you all like it though...it might be shorter than usual

Happy Reading! 

Kat :)

Chapter 17: Hello, My Name Is Rebound

"I can see Cora now, Anna is gone."

I wasn't exactly sure as to how to handle Blaine when he told me that. A part of me wanted to smack him across the face for using that line to pick me up. But another part of me was flattered. When I thought back to his joke; I was Clearly, the girl that the boy wants, and Anna is Loraine, or in Blaine's case, Beverly, the girl that the boy doesn't want but has. Yes, it did seem like a corny way to ask a girl out, but I had to admire him for doing it.

But the real problem was, how the hell am I supposed to react to that? It's not like there is some guide for dummies on how to respond to a guy that just asked you out in the most corniest way possible after you have been waiting for him to ask you for far too long. There was nothing on this because you can't write this shit.

Oh why couldn't my life be easier?

Thankfully, Blaine wasn't looking at me anymore. Instead, he was looking over my shoulder. I turned and followed his gaze.

"Oh wow," I said, my jaw dropping as I saw Aaron and Paige walking to the student parking lot.

For the first time since I laid on on that girl, I actually witnessed her smiling.And who else but to make her smile? My goofy co-worker who probably doesn't know what the hell he is going to do when he graduates from high school. This same Aaron is going on a pity date with Paige? The goal oriented, RA? What the hell is this?

No wonder he didn't get caught sneaking into the girls dorm because the RA took him in herself.

I couldn't help thinking that her asking him on a breakfast date wasn't out of guilt after all. By the way she hooked her arm around his as he lead her to the parking lot as if they were entering the grand ball was a look of pure admiration. Maybe she did like him a little and her smacking him across the head with her titanium flashlight was just an act of fate.

"Aaron and Paige? What has the world come to?" I asked myself in disbelief.

"I guess Cupid is working extra today, huh?" Blaine laughed, as he slung his arm around my shoulder and pulled me toward the water fountain.

I knew he was making reference to what he just told me in reference to 'I can see clearly now'. Now that I had something else to preoccupy my mind with for a few seconds; I was able to process something.

Blaine never officially broke it off with Anna. We can't date.

"Blaine, speaking of Anna,-"

"I wasn't talking about Anna," Blaine interjected, but I continued as if he hadn't spoken at all.

"-you should probably talk to her before jumping into another relationship." I told him as I sat down on the side of the fountain. Although, I did wish that we could just jump into it since I have already waited this long for him. Another reason to hate Anna.

Reminder: Pelt her with dodge balls in gym class.... even if we are playing tennis.

Blaine's face fell. "You really know how to kill a mood," Blaine laughed, sitting next to me.

"Yeah, Anna can do that." I smiled. "Well, you kind of do need to break up with her."

Blaine pressed his lips together and studied me before smacking his lips in defeat. "Why do you always have to rain on my parade?"