Chapter 14: Hello, My Name Is Crazy Bird Lady

Hey! Here is Chapter 14!!! Hope you all like it! :))

 Happy reading!

Kat :)

Chapter 14: Hello, My Name Is Crazy Bird Lady

I stared at Blaine through the silver fence of the baseball field. I have been here since eight o' clock in the morning watching Blaine play. In the time that I've been here, Lauren has managed to be whining non-stop about how I forced her to come to this. She doesn't know about Blaine and I, because really, what is there to tell her? Nothing. So why bother? Plus, I think the real reason she is complaining is because she isn't here with Cason. He said he had some errands to run for the AV club and that he'll meet up with us later, that is if the team made it to the championship.

Which is what we are watching right now. The top of the 7th inning of the championship game.

By now, Lauren had finally shut up because Cason was snuggled up next to her. I highly doubt either of them would be watching the game, so I was forced to watch the game and make small talk with Jace, who showed up about two innings into the third game.

Blaine was now up at the mound, winding up about to take his pitch. If I were him, my arm would have fallen off by now, but not him. Every pitch was as good as the next. I couldn't help but feel proud of him, even though he really wasn't my boyfriend. However, today I was acting more like a girlfriend than Anna was.

She showed up at the baseball fields two games into the tournament and when she was here, she wasn't even paying attention to the game. Instead she was paying attention to all the guys from the surrounding schools. To do that, she'd sit up in the front of the bleachers, right where the guys from the other team were when they were warming up to go to bat. She'd bat her eyelashes and they'd be putty in her hands. Putty.

Her seating arrangements gave me a perfect spot to pelt her with sunflower seeds when she wasn't looking. I'd throw it at her, and she'd turn around really fast and I'd go back to talking to Jace or something. When she'd turn back around, I'd laugh because her head would be full of chewed up sunflower seeds. As of now, her hair was like a nest of sunflower seeds.

She resembled a crazy bird lady.

"Do you think she is ever going to notice all the shells in her hair?" Jace asked as he leaned over to whisper in my ear, making sure Anna couldn't hear.

"I hope not." I laughed. "Because, personally, I think the bird lady looks suits her."

Jace let out a small laugh and stuck his hand into my sunflower seed bag. He pulled out a handful and proceeded to eat them one by one. He must've seen me looking at him because he turned and gave me a shy look. "Sorry I'm wasting all your ammo."

"Yeah, you should be." I laughed as I threw yet another seed at Anna. This one hit her back and she looked over her shoulder and stared at me. I met her gaze an held it. "What do you want Anna?"

"Quit throwing shit at me." She snapped.

"I'm not throwing anything at you; just go back to flirting with the boys on the other team." I snarled, leaning back in the bleachers so my back was resting against the next rung.

Anna dropped her jaw and Jace let out a snicker. Anna's eyes looked over Jace and they grew softer until she returned her gaze. "I wasn't flirting with them."

"Whatever, tell it to someone who gives a shit." I answered.

She huffed and turned around. "Go Blaine!" She screamed for the first time this whole day.

I looked onto the field for Blaine and noticed that they had switched. The other team was now on field and saw that we were at bat. In fact, Blaine wasn't even the one batting. I looked over to the Dalton dug out and saw Blaine with his fingers through the holes of the fence, leaning towards our bleachers. He was looking at Anna as if she were clueless; which she clearly was.