Forty-Seven: The Confession

The Confession

"Ungrateful bastards," I hear Mia mutter, "Elijah! We have to go back, as much as I'd love to give them a piece of my damn mind, Alpha wouldn't want you here in the midst of this." Mia called out, making it to my side.

Jay took his place behind the microphone and they all shut up, he was fuming it was very clear – they could tell, I could tell anyone with eyes could. He was their Alpha and they had angered him, they bowed their heads in submission, I bowed mine in respect.

"How dare you try to revolt against her, against me over something so petty. She just like every single one of us has no choice over who her mate is. The Moon Goddess paired her with Alpha Russo, if you want to fight someone for that, fight the Moon! You will not fight Luna Vilakazi. That is beneath you all, what has gotten into you! Kneel down and beg for forgiveness."

That was the way forgiveness was begged for from Alpha's and Luna's. I wasn't officially one, Jay knew this bit he treated me as such. My eyes watered at this great honour and sign of respect.

Every single one of the North Pack members kneeled down and howled a howl of forgiveness, Jay just knelt.

I walked up to the microphone, "Thank you. The North Pack will always be my home." I touched my heart.

I meant every word, I could never turn my back on this Pack. I would look over them and visit for all my days. My family still resides here and I could never turn my back on them so I would always be tied to this Pack.

Turning away I grabbed Mia's arm as she helped me down the stairs and smiled at me, "Alpha Alex would have loved that." She beams and I chuckled lightly.

Just as we were making our way around Jay's house Elisha came around and stopped me, "Are you leaving?"

I furrow my brows, "Yes, I came her to apologise, I've done just that. My Alpha awaits."

I wasn't missing anything there was nothing I brought here and there's certainly nothing for me to stick around for. I came to apologise and I have, what else could she want me to do?

"You don't want to know how Bridgette found out?" She fiddled with her dress.

That alone, told me it was her.

Ignoring that habit seeing as she clearly wants to clear her conscious I inquire, "Is it important?"

"Yes... I told Zeke, who then told Bridgette and she told the Pack. She wanted them to hate you, I'm so sorry. It was a mistake, he –"

I gently cut in, "Really, it's okay. It's all over now. Well, I can only hope. I've been through a lot, I'd like to think I'm in the clear now."

I really could not accept nor deal with another curveball, I just wanted to be happy and with my mate. I didn't want any more fights, any more unhappiness so I genuinely hoped that this was the end of it all.

She smiled, "Yeah, I hope you are. I'd like your niece to know who you are." I laughed.

I glanced at her belly, "I'd like her to know me too."

"You're only two months along, she could be a he!" Nicholas yelled at us.

I laughed, "Nah. I'm kinda hoping for a niece, so I'll keep say she."

Truthfully speaking, I wouldn't care if I was the aunt to a nephew or niece. I was just excited to become an aunt, excited to see my sister and best friend as parents.

Just as Nicholas was about to respond Luna Josephine came up from behind him, "Elijah?"

I still held the upmost respect for her, I bowed, "Luna?"