Eleven: The Russo Brothers

Axel ^

---

The Russo Brothers

"You're taking my sister from me. I hate you." I mumble into Nic's chest.

They were all packed and ready to go, the moving truck was loaded up with both their stuff. I couldn't believe she was actually leaving, of course, this day was bound to come. It just feels bittersweet that she was leaving. Not to mention that she was about to start her life with her mate and I was still stuck here, trying to navigate whether or not I'd die for being Alexander's mate.

Having to navigate if he even wanted me.

"I'm sorry." He rubs my back soothingly.

"No, you're not. You just wanna do the dirty." I take a step back, making sure he sees the smirk playing on my face. He was male after all, we all know how they operate.

"I am a guy." He shrugs and I chuckle.

Knew it.

"Do you love her?"

It had been a few weeks so I reckoned he would know if he did and I had to know, I trusted Nicholas with my life and knew his heart was pure. However, I still needed to check if he would treat my sister like the queen she is.

"Yeah. I couldn't have asked for a better mate." His eyes held the truth and I could see it as clear as day – he did.

A genuine smile tugs at my lips, "Aw, that's really cute."

I feel an insistent buzzing in my pocket, knowing it must be a phone call I pull out my phone. Seeing the Caller ID I'm notified that it's Nate.

"Sorry, Nic." I move away from the commotion around the front door and pick up the call, "Hey Nate."

"Hey, Elijah. Uhm, I'm coming to pick you up." His smooth voice is shy.

My brows furrow, "Okay... Why?"

He fidgets a bit before speaking, "Axel wants to meet you."

"Axel? Who's Axel?"

I think I would remember someone with a name that's a knock-off of my mates.

"One of Alex's brothers."

Oh, maybe I retract my earlier insult, I hope he can't read minds or I'm definitely screwed.

"The one that likes you?"

He lets out a chuckle, "No, that's why I said Alex's brother."

"Ohhh," I laugh, "That's a bit strange then. Say, you said you're the only Russo brother who can read minds, right?"

"Yes, I am – I know, I was just as shocked when he called me."

Phew, I can deal with that. It's just another Alex, I can kinda handle that. Maybe he's nicer than Alex, maybe Alex got the wrong end of the name.

"Okay. Why does he want to meet me?"

"I'm not sure. As far as I knew, Alex hasn't told anyone. Axel must have figured it out."

Nicholas looked to be playing a game of some sorts on his phone, I don't think he was doing any good because he looked stressed. Even at my distance I could see it wasn't going his way.

"Is the other brother coming too?"

"Abel? Yeah, he's coming."

Two other Alex's. So much for Mr Grumpy's 'you're never meeting my family,' actually, I think I like this Axel character already.