Seven: The Encounter

Nicholas ↑

---

The Encounter

I let out a huff of annoyance as I head out my room, where in the worlds could this oke be? I make my way to the stairs, perhaps he got caught up in the kitchen, it's a very Nicholas thing to do.

"Nicholas?" I call out and guess what I'm met with? You guessed it folks, silence.

I literally just messaged him to double-check if he was still coming and he said he was here. So how'd he disappear so quickly?

As soon as I make it down the stairs, I immediately catch his scent. Although it is mixed in with Elisha's. I follow it wearily if it's mixed with hers there's a possibility I could be walking into something I would much rather not see.

The scents lead me to the TV room where my sister and her mate are playing tug o' war with their faces, lips and hands. I let out a deep sigh and bang the wall, getting their attention.

"I don't think I called you here for this Nic." I say blandly.

Really he could do this in his own time. Not my borrowed time.

"Sorry, Eli." Nicholas murmurs.

"I'm not so sure I want you in my room anymore." Elisha growls, "Calm yourself dammit. A) I'm your sister, B) he was my goddamn friend first. Shut up." I say, annoyed with her behaviour.

There's really no need for growling, I'm not stealing your mate and you know it and neither am I sitting on that couch after all of that.

Elisha has generally been so annoying since she found out, she literally makes it a point to keep him away from me. It's so irritating. I mean, he's with her 24/7 can she not wait a little while? Yeah, sure I have other friends but none of them know about Alexander. And I'm not about to tell them all about him. That's too dangerous. So, I need Nicholas purely for ranting-about-Alexander-Russo-purposes.

She sighs speaking lowly, "I'm sorry, Eli. My wolf just –" I cut her off.

I give a tight-lipped smile, "I really don't care. Nicholas can we leave now?"

"Ah, yeah." He kisses Elisha's temple and walks over to me.

"Oh goddess Nicholas, put your shirt back on. No one besides Elisha wants to see that." I playfully say, covering my eyes.

He walks up to me, still shirtless, and says, "I won't tell her but I know you like it." He wriggles his brows.

I shove him whilst letting out a chuckle, "You're an – hey!" I say, looking over at Elisha who has just thrown a throw pillow at me.

"Sorry, you moved him," She threw another that actually hit the intended target and she said, "I heard you, jerk!"

He winks at her, "I knew you would sugar plum."

"Ew." Elisha and I said simultaneously.

This made Nicholas laugh, looking between the two of us he wheezed, "That's the only time the two of you actually look alike. When you're making faces."

That earned him two pillows to the head.

Even though this turned out better than I assume it would have had I not come downstairs, it's incredibly unnerving what I would have come down to a few moments later.

I have been one who thinks mates are adorable. Someone tailor-made for you, that's amazing. Something that humans dream of and we actually get to live it. Before Alexander, it was something I was greatly in awe of and greatly looking forward to.