Thirty-Seven: The Third In Command

Mia (Me-Yah) ^

---

The Third In Command

Explaining my new found 'powers' to Nathaniel was a little bumpy. He was just as upset as Alexander if not more. He too thought it was a stupid unnecessary decision.

He resembled a parent who didn't know just how to scold their child who missed curfew and returned home the next morning.

His mouth would open and close like a goldfish and I wanted to laugh but knew he would not appreciate that nor laugh along with me. So I kept my mouth shut until he took a seat and placed his head in his hand.

Then I really felt like a scolded child, I would spring up with any conversation just to check if he would respond to me. He did, so I knew I wasn't in the dog house.

Looking at him through my lashes I ask, "Will you teach me all you know or not?"

"I'm not sure I can, Eli. You're a dark witch, I'm not."

Eventually I had to get back to the witch talk, however, this wasn't stuff I wanted to hear.

"Are the things that different?" I yell, exasperated.

"Yeah." He scratches the back of his head.

If things were this different why would Mariska let me come all the way back home with normal or whatever they're called witches. If she obviously knew they would be no help to me or the mission. This is so freaking stupid.

"Maybe you can ask her. You said she said you would be channelling her. So, maybe in your thoughts, you should call out to her." Nate offered.

I nodded.

Mariska? I kinda need your help with this whole learn-how-to-be-a-dark-witch in order to defeat Ivan mission.

'Elijah. Why don't you ask your mate for assistance? He is still half dark witch.' She responds in an instant.

'Why haven't you taken that away? It haunts him all the time.'

He might have thought she was dead but she knew full well she wasn't and that this thing was eating him up wherever he was. Why hasn't she done anything about it, poof over a potion or something?

'Oh please, he could easily control it. His temper is what messes him up. Any other wolf would be dead living with a dark witch within them for so long. He can obviously do it.'

'How am I to learn anything, Mariska?'

'Once you go to bed I will make sure you know how. You need not worry, I have thought this through. Because if this fails by the slightest chance we are most definitely dead. And while I care not about your life, I do care about mine.'

She slipped away after that response, I couldn't reach out to her anymore.

What a rude old lady.

Also, did he have to keep repeating that she doesn't care about my life? I mean, I get it lady, genuinely, I do.

"And?" Nathaniel presses, realising the faraway look in my eyes had vanished.

"She said I have nothing to worry about." I shrug.

He rolled his eyes, "Mariska is a world-class liar."

"She might be. But she most definitely doesn't want to lose her life. So, I trust she will go through with this and go through with it correctly."

He rubbed the back of his neck, "I guess Alexander told you..."

I knew he was talking about the entire Yuko situation and I wanted to spare him the embarrassment so I just nodded. He didn't have to get into it, as surprised as I was to hear it, I didn't need to hear it twice.