Part II

The Fight For Her

"I loved her

Not for the way

She danced with my angels

But for the way

The sound of her name

Could silence my demons."

- Christopher Poindexter

---

"You said you know who did this?"

Elisha was sat cross-legged on the bed an arm's length away from her sister.

"Yes, I do," Alexander responds.

He had just entered through the sliding door, shutting it he made his way around the bed to the side Elijah lay. He sat on the chair and took her hand into his own.

Her hand wasn't cold but for werewolf temperature, it practically was.

Elisha had been doing a lot of thinking as time passed on and she had a question she was dying to ask Alexander. She had to cross out and link as many possibilities as she could, she had to find out why someone would want her sister shot.

Why would they go after her? Elisha knew it had to have something to do with Alexander, so she asked her question.

"Did you kill his mate?"

Alexander stared at his mate, he couldn't help but think what good it did that wolf to have Elijah shot. Alexander actually had not killed the wolf's mate, instead, she was just collateral in a cause Alexander had not started.

Alexander generally played no part in that scenario, he himself could be considered as collateral. She just got deaths end of the stick while he got the demons ends.

His brother was the real reason Elijah was shot by that wolf he was the reason that she-wolf, that Luna, was killed. His brother went and got involved with her, now Alexander's mate had to pay.

For his damn brother who couldn't find someone unmated to mess around with. Instead, he had to mess around with an Alpha's Luna. How idiotic can one be? A Luna.

He thought for a moment what he would have done if someone tried to steal Elijah from him. He couldn't bear the thought.

"No."

That was not the response Elisha had anticipated if it were a bet – she'd have lost all her money. She had herself convinced Elijah was shot because Alexander had killed that wolf's mate and now somehow he had found out and wanted Alexander to suffer the same fate of living without a mate.

But clearly, she was wrong.

Elisha looked up at him, "You didn't?"

"No." He snapped, not appreciating that he had to repeat himself.

"Then why?" Her gaze returned to her sister, "Why did he have her shot?"

Nothing made sense anymore, she did not know what more to think. Was he even telling the truth?

In his own head, Alexander gave Elisha the answer she so desired.

Because his mate fell in love with my brother.

He wanted to say but knew it was none of her business and not to mention it would open a can of worms. He did not want to open that chapter in his life nor his brothers until Elijah asked.

He owed Elisha nothing.

With the events of those many years ago at the forefront, Alexander began to wonder what if his brother tried to take Elijah from him?

Deep within his head, there was always that voice. That said he had done it to another Alpha, what makes him different? His answer remained the same though.

Alexander is family. His brother could never betray him like that.

"To get to me? To send me a message? Your guess is as good as mine." He said.

It wasn't a lie either, Alexander did not know why the Alpha chose to have his mate shot. Why he came after Alexander's mate when his brother was the imbecile that got the Luna killed.

That made him itch with a horrible feeling that he couldn't run away from, his mate was laying there because of his own flesh and blood. No matter which way you flipped the coin.

It was all his fault.

All his brother's fault.

Elisha rose from her position, not wanting Nicholas to have to wake up just to come and get her to go to bed.

"Goodnight Alexander, wake me up if she gets up."

"I know the drill. Goodnight, Elisha."

Elisha gently shut the door behind her before entering her old bedroom leaving Alexander watching his mate closely.

He wondered when she would come back to him. Whether she did or didn't, one thing he knew was that he would not rest until he had fought for her.

Because she was worth it all.

This galaxy and the next million.