Chapter 27 - Hold my hand

Jay's POV

"Soph?" I asked through the phone since the boys couldn't convince her to come back. I had just woken up and I wanted her with me, but the boys told me she had gone earlier for a walk. "Jay?" She said after a while. I smiled as soon as I noticed she had recognized my voice. "Yeah, babe could you please come back?" I asked. No answer. Just an empty line. "What the..." I muttered and when I looked at the phone screen, I realized she had ended the call. "She hung up" I whispered. "Try to call her again" Tom said and I nodded before dialing her number. "Nothing" I said after it rang more than four times.

"Maybe she didn't--" my mom was about to say when someone cut her off, "Jay?" Everyone looked behind and stepped back leaving a space so I could see to the door. There she was. Breathless. She must've ran all the way here. She started walking slowly towards me like she didn't believe I was actually there. Alive.

She stopped as soon as she got next to me. "Soph" I said shooting her a smile. She didn't say a word. She just wrapped her arms around me and sobbed on my shoulder. I hugged her back and rubbed her back with one of my hands. "It's ok, I'm here now" I whispered. "Uhm... We'll be outside if you need anything" my mom said. Everyone nodded and walked out leaving Sophie and I alone.

I pulled away and lifted her chin up with my thumb. She had tears running down her cheeks and she was shaking trying to stop crying. "Please stop crying, smile for me?" I pleaded. "I-I Thought I h-had lost you" she said. "I promised you I wouldn't leave you alone" I said and she nodded. I brought her chin closer since I still was a bit weak to lift my back from the bed.

I kissed her lips gently. I could taste the salty flavor of the tears that had reached her lips. She smiled after we pulled apart. "That's how I wanna see you from now on" I said. "I love you so much" she said wrapping her arms around me again. I hugged her back tight. "I love you too" I said.

"Come here" I said patting the spot next to me on the bed. It wasn't that big, but I knew she was going to fit, plus I moved a bit more to the side. She laid down and cuddled to me. I entwined our fingers and kissed her forehead.

"So... What did the doctor say?" She asked. "He said I was fine, but I still have to stay here for two weeks, just to keep checking my body, making sure nothing bad happens" I said and she nodded. We just stayed there silent. Enjoying each other's presence.

After a moment I felt Sophie's breath getting heavier. "Soph?" I called her. Nothing. She had fell asleep. I rested my head back on the pillow and just stared at the ceiling. Thank you God. Thanks for giving me another chance. Thanks for not letting anything bad happened to Sophie.

I woke up from my thoughts when the door opened and Nathan poked his head. "Hey" I said. "Hey man" he said and looked at Sophie. "She fell asleep a while ago" I said. "Well, she hasn't slept too well these days, she'd been all day sat on that chair holding your hand and crying" he said. "I didn't even know it was her birthday until the doctor asked her personal stuff" he said. "Shit, her birthday" I cursed letting my head fall on the pillow. "I missed her birthday" I said. "I'm pretty sure she doesn't mind as long as you're alive" he said and I pursed my lips looking down at her.

"So what did I miss while I was away?" I asked. "You said it as if you were on vacations or something like that" he said chuckling. I smiled. "Well, not much, the fanmily has gone mad since the day they found out you were in coma" he said. "I bet they did" I said shaking my head chuckling. How I loved our crazy fans.

I felt Sophie moving and soon enough she was awake. "Hey, you fell asleep pretty fast huh?" I said and she giggled. "I was tired" she said. "You should go home and get some rest, I'm okay now" I said and she looked down. "Nath could you please take her home?" I asked him and he nodded. "But I don't wanna go home" she said. "Please go, you need some rest, you look so tired" I said and placed my hand on her cheek.

She closed her eyes and sighed. "Ok" she said placing her hand on mine. "Hey, what's that?" I asked grabbing her wrist. "Why do you have those bandages? I thought the doctor had said nothing had happened to you" I said frowning. She bit her lips nervously and looked at Nathan. "Sophie, why do you have these bandages?" I asked. "I feel so tired, could you drive me home Nath?" She said looking at him. He nodded and got up from his seat. I sighed and let her go. I knew something had happened. Dr. Avery told me Sophie was totally fine, not even one cut. Nothing. Why was she so nervous about it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: WHATUP! 🙈

Jay's ALIVE! Yayyyy!

Well, thank you so much again for all your support! It means so much to me!

Love you, J ;) xx