Chapter 4 - The list

Sophie's POV

After I walked out of the studio, I went to a Starbucks near there. They said the list of the dancers will be out in two hours, so I went there to wait while drinking some coffee and reading a magazine. But how could I concentrate with Jay on my mind? Did he actually think I was treat him like nothing had happened? No. It wasn't that simple. He was my best friend. And he left me in the worst moment. All these years I've been through hell and the only person I wanted by my side didn't talk to me. Left me. Alone. 

Two hours later I was already back at the studio. I saw Tom walking out of the the room and posting a piece of paper on the wall. This was it. If I don't get this job, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. My brother. He needed me. That was the only thing on my mind while I was walking towards the wall where the list was. As I got there I closed my eyes. 'Logan' I thought before opening my eyes. I ran my index finger through the piece of paper looking for my name. 

'Sophie Clark' I read. YES. I made it! I got the job! I did a little dance before going back to normal and make my way out of the studio. While I was walking through the hall I took my phone to text my brother and tell him I made it, when I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw the last person I wanted to see. 

''Can we talk?'' Jay asked me. I shook my head and kept walking but he grabbed my wrist and stopped me. He pulled me closer. ''What Jay? You wanna talk about what? About the fact that you left without telling me? About the fact that you ignored me all those years? I tried to contact you for over a year! I asked your parents, your brothers and nothing, no one told me anything. Everytime you were home, you ignored me. Wanna talk about the fact that I needed my best friend by my side but he decided to leave me? So Jay, what do you wanna talk about?'' I finished looking straight to his eyes. 

He looked down and let go of my wrist. ''Yeah, that's what I thought'' I said. He looked up to me. ''Sorry'' he said. ''Sorry's not enough'' I said. He put his hand on his pocket like looking for something, I just ignored him and walked away.

I didn't even know how to feel. I got the job I was supposed to be happy, but then Jay. I was so mad at the moment. I saw a bar while walking and went there. 

''One beer please'' I said to the bartender. ''Celebrating your new job?'' I heard someone and when I looked to my right I saw Nathan sat with a beer on his hand. ''Not really'' I said with a weak smile. ''What are you doing here? Weren't you at the studio?'' I asked him. ''I was'' he said before taking a sip and talk again. ''I just needed to clear my mind a bit'' he finished. ''Same'' I said. 

The bartender gave me my beer and I sat closer to Nathan. ''Cheers'' he said. ''So, why do you have to clear your mind?'' I asked him breaking the silence. ''Love'' he replied and I nodded. ''My girlfriend left me a month ago'' he said. ''Sorry'' I said and he shook his head. ''Don't, it was my fault, I deserved it'' he finished. ''What was her name?'' I asked. ''Joanna'' he said before smiling. ''Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you'll get her back'' I said and he shook his head again. ''I don't think so, she's miles away from here, after she left me, she went back to her country and stopped talking to me'' he said. I just stood there not knowing what to say.

''So, what are YOU doing here?'' he finally said breaking up the silence. ''Your friend'' I said. ''Jay? What happened between you two?'' he asked. I took a sip before telling him the whole story. ''Jay really knows how to screw things up'' he said chuckling after I finished. I laughed as soon as those words got out of his mouth. We kept talking about Jay. And he told me the whole story between his girlfriend, well ex girlfriend.

''Want a ride back home?'' he asked me when we walked out of the bar. ''You don't have to'' I said. ''It's not a problem, plus Jay will kill me if he knows I let you go home alone'' he said. ''Well he left me alone and didn't give a fuck'' I said and he chuckled. ''Good Point'' he said and opened the car door for me. ''Thanks'' I said before getting into the car. 

We got home and I got out of the car. ''See you on monday for the first rehearsal?'' I asked him and he nodded. ''Good night then'' I said. ''Night'' he replied before driving away. I walked into the house and went straight to my bedroom before collapsing on my bed. What a day. 

Jay's POV

I was hiding behind a wall where I could see Sophie walking towards the list. I smiled as soon as I saw her dancing all happy when she saw her name on the list. I waited for her to walk to the exit to try and go talk to her. But it was in vain. She didn't want to talk to me. At the end I was about to take my keys that were on my pocket to show her the bracelet, but before I noticed it, she was gone. 

 I just walked back to room where the others were. ''Ready to go?'' Tom asked me and I nodded. ''Where's Nath?'' Max asked. ''He said he was gonna meet us at the flat, he had to do something, I don't know'' Siva said. We all went to the parking lot and got into the van. After taking Siva and Tom to their own flats, we got to ours.

''Want a drink?'' Max asked me. ''No thanks'' I said. ''Are you okay?'' he asked me. ''Why?'' I said. ''You don't want a drink'' he chuckled. As soon as he saw I wasn't laughing he frowned and stopped. ''What is it?'' he asked me and I shook my head before walking to my room. ''Is it for that girl at the auditions?'' he asked me and I stopped walking. 

''Who is she?'' he asked me. ''She was my best friend back at home, when I heard about the auditions for the band I left home, but I didn't tell her, I ignored her calls, everything, my family kept lying to her'' I said. ''You're such a jerk'' he said and I looked him angrily. ''Guess you already knew that, sorry'' he said. 

''I just wanna talk to her again, but she won't let me'' I said. ''Don't worry mate, I'm pretty sure she'll be back to normal soon, plus, she's going with us on tour, so you'll have plenty of time to talk to her'' he said. He was right. We were going on tour for three months, and before that we were supposed to rehearse here at the studio. 

Next week. Next week I'll see her again and I'm gonna make her listen to me... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What up!? Chapter 4! So... I really wanna know what do you think about this so far. I've been getting less and less votes on each chapter. I know it's not Summer Love, it's not a Nath fanfic, but I really like this and I hope you do too...

In case you didn't know, the storybehind Nath and his ''girlfriend'' Joanna is on my other fanfic ''Summer Love'' =P So if you wanna know what happened, just go and read it ;)

Keep voting! leaving feedback and add this to one of your reading lists maybe? =)

Next chapter will be up on saturday or sunday... 

Love you, J ;) xx