Chapter 24 - The Light

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

Jay's POV

"That was amazing Nathan" Max said after Nath finished recording the last part of one of our songs for the next album. "Ok, that was it for today, you did pretty good guys, see you all next week" Nano said and soon enough we walked out of the studio. We got into the van and went to our flats.

"Soph?" I yelled as soon as we entered the house. No response. I saw the clock. 7pm. She gets out of work at 9. I sighed and laid down on our bed. Last week she got a job as a choreographer at a dance studio. She was so happy when they called to tell her the good news. I was so happy for her, but ever since she got the job and since we've been working on this album really hard, we barely see each other. Just at night, when we get home, but we're so tired, we just go to sleep.

But, at least we got this weekend off, so the boys got an idea, and we're going to the beach tomorrow, just to spend the day with the girls. No work. Just us. I smiled thinking about tomorrow. I closed my eyes and soon enough I felt so tired I just ended up falling asleep.

I woke up with the sound of water falling from the shower in my bathroom. I turned around and saw the light peeking through the bottom of the door. Sophie. I heard the water stop.

I got out of bed and took my clothes off leaving me in just my boxers. I went back to the bed and put the covers on me. I just pulled my arms up and rested the back of my head on the palm of my hands. Soon enough the bathroom door opened and Sophie came put with a towel wrapped around her body. "Hey" I said and she jumped a little. "Geez Jay! Don't do that, I thought you were sleeping" she said breathing quite heavily I must say. "Sorry, I was, but I woke up" I said and she nodded going to her drawers looking for her underwear. I watched every single move she made. She finished and got into bed, under the covers next me.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. "So how was your day?" I asked and she shrugged. "It was good, we made something new, it's really cool, you should see it" she said smiling and I smiled back. "Well, we should go to sleep now, we gotta be up early tomorrow" I said and she nodded excited. We ended up falling asleep on that same position.

The next morning I woke up with something soft on my lips, I opened my eyes just to see a very excited Sophie grinning at me. I kissed her back and she wrapped her arms around my neck. "COME ON LOVELY COUPLE IT'S TIME TO WAK--" Max entered the room pausing as soon as he saw us kissing. "Uhm, ok, guess you're already awake, sorry" he said before walking out of the room quite awkwardly. We just looked at each other and I saw Sophie's cheeks getting pink. i chuckled and she seemed to notice it so she just got out of bed and went right to the shower.

I packed some stuff and after she got out of the bathroom, I walked in and took a shower. After I finished getting ready, Sophie was already at the kitchen getting something for breakfast. When I walked out of the room, Sophie handed me a plate full of pancakes and I started eating. Soon enough Max and Nathan walked in and each of them took a pancake from my plated. I just sighed and kept eating.

Twenty minutes later we were outside waiting for the others to pick us up in the van. Soon enough we saw the van turning around the corner and stopping in front of us. We got into it and made our way to the beach. This would be a long drive.

Hours later the van stopped and we jumped out of it. I held Sophie's hand. She held her bag on her free hand and we started looking for a nice spot for us to seat. "Here" she said and she pulled her towel out of her bag and laid it down on the sand. "OFF TO THE BEACH!" I heard someone shouting before seeing Tom running towards the water. We all laughed at his childish behavior.

Sophie's POV

I took my clothes off leaving me in just my bikini. I felt someone's gaze on me and when I looked to my right Jay was with his eyes wide open. "What?" I asked and he shook his head and looked to other side. I chuckled and laid down on the towel. "Are you coming Bird?" Nathan asked him and he nodded, winked at me and took his shirt off before running along with the boys to the water.

The girls and I laid down there for about half an hour before joining the boys. "Finally!" Tom shouts when he sees us getting into the water. As soon as I got near Jay, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his. "Well, someone has missed his boyfriend" I heard Kelsey joking and I pulled away laughing a bit. I hadn't spent too much time with Jay lately, it was nice to be together now with him the whole day.

Hours passed and we ate some snacks. After that, Jay told me he wanted to walk with me, so he held my hand and we started walking down the beach. He came to a stop and I frowned and looked at him, he held both of my hands and looked right straight to my eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes. "What?" I asked chuckling nervously. "You're so beautiful" he said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I smiled and before I could something he pressed his lips on mine. My arms making their way slowly around his neck, his resting on each side of my waist.

"I missed you" I said after pulling apart. He hugged me tight and I smiled. "I missed you too" he said. "I love you, Soph" he said. "I love you too, I can't even imagine what I'd do without you in my life" I said. "You don't have to think about that, cause I'll never leave you, I'll always be next to you, I'll always protect you and love you no matter what" he said and I looked down smiling.

He lifted my chin making me look straight to his eyes. "I just missed you so much these days" I said and hugged him. "Don't worry, after we finish with the album, next week, we'll have some time off, I'll spend all my days with you" he said and I nodded. "Come on, it's getting dark already" he said and we walked back to where the others were. We got all our stuff together and jumped into the van. Soon enough the driver started the engine.

The boys were all singing and making jokes. Jay had his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his chest. We were laughing, this had been such a nice day.

"SHIT" I heard the driver yelling and a light coming towards us pretty fast, before I knew was happening, Jay hugged me tight burying me in his chest. I felt as the van was turning around, making everyone jump from their seats, everyone screaming. It didn't stop. I felt Jay's grip losing around me and soon enough the van stopped, we were all upside down. Every part of my body hurt. What did just happen?

My vision got blurry. Everything had turned black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: DUN DUN DUN...

I won't say anything else 😂

Ok, so! I'll update tomorrow or saturday!

Love you, J ;) xx