Chapter 25 - What about him?

Sophie's POV

Darkness. The last thing I remember seeing was a light coming towards us. After that? Everything just became dark.

While I was in that dark world I could hear voices. Voices saying things like "This one just has some cuts" or "Sprained leg" , but there was one I'd never forget. "We may lose this one". Lose who? Lose what? What was happening?

Soon enough I drifted to my dark world, just to wake up with a beeping sound. I opened my eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the bright light. As soon as I opened them, I realized where I was. A hospital. I turned to left and saw where was the beeping coming from. The door opened and a nurse walked in.

"Hello dear, you're awake" she said smiling and I nodded slowly. "What happened?" I asked. "Well, it seems like you had an accident, a drunk driver was driving the other car and well, you couldn't react that fast so the person who was driving the van where you were in, made a quick turn, and the van rolled all over the highway" she said and I nodded. "What about the others? I wasn't the only one there' my friends and my boyfriend, they--" "they're alright, just one of them is in critical condition, but the others just had some minor injuries" she said and I nodded again. Wait. One was in critical condition? "Excuse me, critical condition? Who?" I asked.

She checked on her papers. The next words that came out of her mouth were just like someone had stabbed me on the back. "James Mcguiness?" She said. Jay. No. "W-what? Critical condition? I gotta see him! What happened to him! What does he have!?" I asked her with tears in my eyes. "He was protecting you, he was all around you, and since he was on the seat next to the door, where another car hit the van, it ended up hitting him, when we the ambulance got here with his body, he had lost a lot of blood, he's in coma right now" she said, whispering the last words.

He was protecting me. He's in coma. My Jay. My love. First my mom, then Logan and now you wanna take Jay too? What the heck have I done to you, God?

I just buried my face in my hands and started sobbing. I heard the door closing meaning the nurse had gone. I felt a hand rubbing my back and when I looked up I saw Nathan, Kelsey and Nareesha next to my bed. "I'm gonna lose him, right?" I asked them still in tears. "Sophie don't say that, Jay's a strong man, I know he'll live" Nareesha said sitting right next to me. I rested my head on her shoulder. "He said he'll never leave me" I whispered. Nathan walked closer and wiped my tears. "He won't leave you, he loves you way too much to leave you" he said. "Now, keep positive ok? He's gonna make it" Kelsey said and I nodded.

"What about the others? Where's Seev? And Tom? Max?" I asked them. "They're ok, Tom's in a wheelchair for now, since he has a broken leg, they're with Jay right now" Kelsey said. I looked down. "I wanna see him" I said and they looked at each other. "I'm gonna talk to the doctor and see if you can get out of the bed already" Nareesha said before walking out of the room.

Ten minutes later Nareesha came back with the doctor. "Since we already checked everything and you're fine, I'm gonna disconnect everything and you can go" the man said before pulling all the things that were connected to my body. Nathan held my hand and we walked out of the room.

We walked. And walked. And walked. Until we got to a door. Nathan was about to open it when I stopped. He turned around and looked at me. "You don't have to go in there" he said and I shook my head. "He's my boyfriend, I have to see him" I said. He opened the door and walked in. I followed him and when he turn to his right so I could pass, I saw him. Jay. Laying down on the bed. The only thing keeping him alive were all the things connected from his body to the big machine next to the bed. Siva looked up, his eyes were all puffy and red. He got up from the chair next to the bed and hugged me. I sobbed on his chest. "Shh, it's ok, he'll be fine" Siva said rubbing my back.

"Guys, could you leave me alone with him please?" I asked them after pulling away from the hug. They all nodded and walked out one by one. When I heard the door closed, I took Jay's hand and sat on the chair.

"Jay, if you can hear me, please wake up, I can't lose you, not you please. It's been enough with my family, Don't go" I said. I kissed his hand and rested my head on the bed, never leaving his hand. I cried all night long. The others came by once in a while, just to check on me, but I ended up asking them to leave. I just wanted to be with him. Alone.

*

The days passed by. Two weeks. 14 days. Still nothing. Not worse. Not better. Nothing. I cried every night just praying to God he wouldn't die.

"Sophie?" I heard someone calling my name and when I lifted my head, I saw Nathan standing in the doorframe. "What?" I said. "Go home please, go and have some rest, we'll stay here with him" he said and I shook my head. "Sophie, this is not healthy for you, I'll go with you ok? Just take a shower and sleep a bit, just two or three hours" he said. I sighed and got up. "Ok" I said giving in. "I'll talk to the boys, come on" he said holding my hand. I took a last glance at Jay before being dragged out of the room by Nath.

When we got to our flat, I went straight to the room. Jay's scent all over the place. I did as Nathan said and jumped in the shower. I just opened it and let the water flow all over my body. It felt so relaxing.

After I got out about half an hour later, I put on some sweatpants, a tank top and went to the kitchen to have some water. I went back to the room, and laid down on the bed.

I tried to go to sleep but it was impossible, I only thought about Jay. Please God, don't let anything bad happen to him. That should've been me laying on the bed, not him. He didn't deserve this. Why do you have to take everything I love away from me? Maybe... Maybe if I go, you'd stop hurting the people I love. Maybe if I die this would end.

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I took one of Jay's blades and just sat there, with my back resting on the wall. God, take me. Not him. Please. I turned my arm so now my wrist was right in front of my eyes. I slid the sharp object slowly down my skin. The red liquid started running out. I heard footsteps. "Sophie? Are you still in the shower?" I heard Nathan calling. "Uhm, yeah..." I said, my voice cracking from all the crying. "Sophie?" I heard him again and when I looked up he was standing there shocked. As soon as he realized what was happening he took the blade out of my hands and started cleaning the cut.

"What the fuck Sophie? Why did you do this to you?" He asked and I just cried. "Oh my God" he said cleaning the cut and put some bandages around my wrist. "It would be better if I just go" I whispered. "Don't say that" he said. "DON'T SAY THAT? MY MOM DIED! MY LITTLE BROTHER DIED AND NOW MY BOYFRIEND WHO'S BASICALLY THE ONLY ONE I HAVE LEFT IS DYING!" I yelled. "Sophie, he'll be fine" he said. "HE WON'T! HE'LL LEAVE ME ALO--" "SOPHIE!" He yelled and put both of his hands on my shoulders. I shut up. He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face on his neck. I just let everything out.

"Nath?" I called him. "Yeah?" He replied still hugging me. "Can we go back please? I can't sleep, I tried but I just couldn't, I wanna be with him, please" I said. He sighed and nodded. "Thanks" I said. He helped me standing up and we both took a cab back to the hospital.

It was 12:34am. We walked into the big building and went to the waiting room where the others were. "You came back?" Tom asked and we nodded. "Miss Clark?" I heard someone calling. When I turned around I saw Dr. Avery coming towards me. "Yeah?" I replied. "I forgot to fill your papers the other day, could you answer me some of this stuff?" He asked and I nodded. "Name?" He asked. "Sophie Elizabeth Clark" I replied and he nodded before writing it down. "Nationality?" "American" I said. "Age?" He asked. "26" I replied. "Sophie? Aren't you 25?" Nathan asked me confused. "Not anymore... Not today" I said looking down. "Wait, is it your birthday?" Nareesha asked me and I nodded slowly. "Oh my God" Kelsey said before hugging me. "Happy Birthday" they all said and I nodded as to say thanks. My birthday and my boyfriend is dying. Great.

"Dr. Avery we need you on room 421 now, the patient is convulsing" a nurse said rushing down the hall. Room 421? Oh no. "JAY? WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?" i asked running right behind the doctor. All the boys and the girls following us. "Miss Clark, you can't come in" he said. "HE'S MY BOYFRIEND, I NEED TO SEE HIM! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO HIM?" I asked tears streaming down my face. I tried to open the door but a man came and pulled me away. "GET OFF ME! I NEED TO SEE HIM! I CAN'T LEAVE HIM ALONE" I yelled kicking the man. "Sophie!" Nathan yelled. "Let her go" he told the man and he let go of me right away. I just fell in Nathan's arms.

Was this it? Was this the end?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Oh oh... I almost cry while writing this... Wow...

Well, I hope you're enjoying this fanfic so far... Keep voting please, leaving feedback, I really wanna know what are your opinions over this story...

Love you, J ;) xx