Chapter 18

Chapter 18

He was coughing real bad. Taylor was no where in sight. After he had successfully coughed out some water from his mouth, his balled up fists unclenched themselves and his shoulders relaxed. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes.

I could not hold it in any longer. I feel a lump in my throat and I began to cry.

Where's Taylor?

Is he dead?

Is he okay?

These questions lingered in my mind as hot tears streamed down my face.

"Don't cry," A hoarse but familiar voice echoed throughout the lake. I wiped my tears and scanned my surroundings. My mind told me it was Taylor's voice, but I should have known it was not. Instead, it was our intruder's. His eyes were closed, but his brown hair covered a part of his face, so I could not make out who he was.

I start crying again. I tried to stand, but lost my balance and collapsed onto him. I heard him groan as our bodies made contact. I almost feel bad for him, after having to bear the pain my body just caused on his. But my subconscious reminds me that he broke in and pushed Taylor off the yacht. My head rested on his chest, just like how it did when Taylor and I were on the yacht. I clenched my fists. Anger is rising in me. I could not take it and slammed my fists onto his chest. I pound and pound, repeating the question I know would never get an answer, "Why? Why?"

As my hand got tired, I stop pounding his chest. Tears are still flowing freely, each teardrop landing onto his white polo t-shirt.

He began to stroke my hair, saying, "I'm sorry." I put my hands onto the grass and pushed myself away.

"Don't touch me!" I hollered.

He retracted his hand and brushed his brown hair away. Overwhelmed by shock, surprise, fear and anger, I fell backwards, landing on my bottom.

How could this be?

"H.. H.. " I stammered.

His eyes are filled with guilt as he stared at me. I swallowed. He's still got that charm even after what he had done. I heard someone cough from behind me and I turned behind.

"Taylor!" I cried. How did he make it out of the water? Did someone else save him? Whatever the reason, I was just glad he's okay.

He is dripping wet, hair soaked. I stood up to plant a soft kiss on his lips, to feel his strong embrace, to feel him in my arms, to reassure him, but he took a step back.

"Taylor," I repeated, this time a little confused.

"You saved him?" He pointed to the brown haired boy lying on the ground, disgust evident in his voice.

"I didn't know it was him. There were two hands and I thought he was-" I tried to explain but he cut me off.

"No, just don't, please." He spoke. His voice is so soft, it sounded almost like a whisper.

The brown haired boy stood up and brushed a little bit of grass off his back.

"So what if she saved me?" He shot back.

Oh no. Please don't argue. Please stop. Please don't fight. Please please please.

Taylor's eyebrows rose in amusement.

"I think she wouldn't have wanted to. It's probably a mistake. She's probably regretting her decision right now. Right, babe?"

Fury rose in me. Taylor is nice and sweet and all, but insulting Harry like that is just rude and this just was not like him. He knew that I was not over him yet, but he just had to push it. Cutting me off without listening to my explanation, then shouting at the person I had just saved. I saved Harry's life. He should feel proud of me, tell me I did a good job. I felt pretty proud of me, myself. I had never saved someone's life before, but I guess when I saw Harry's face, I just kind of freaked out because my mind couldn't process that he was the intruder, the attacker and the one who threw Taylor off the boat.