Chapter 16

Chapter 16

For what seemed like a few seconds, we played and laughed and splashed. It ended really quickly. But when I took a look at my watch after we returned from swimming, it was already 5 in the afternoon. We sat there for about another hour, enough time to finish all our sandwiches. We were in the middle of a joke.

"Knock knock," said Taylor.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"A cow goes." Taylor replied. This joke was getting a little familiar.

"A cow goes who?" I asked, nevertheless.

"No, a cow goes moo." Taylor said, grinning from ear to ear. I laughed but couldn't help but remember that I've heard this joke before.

Suddenly, I heard the breaking of a twig and crunching of leaves just behind us. Alarmed, I turned around. I saw a shadow retreat to behind a tall tree.

Must have been my imagination.

I turned back to see Taylor munching away on his Mac N Cheese sandwich.

"Hey! That's the last one!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah." His voice was muffled, probably because of his Mac N Cheese-filled mouth. I laughed and slapped him on the shoulder.

"Give me that!" I reached for the sandwich in his hand, but his reflexes proved to be quicker. He moved his hand away, far behind his head. I couldn't reach it, no matter how hard I tried. He removed his other hand from the picnic mat and grabbed my hand that was reaching out for his sandwich. I stumbled forward and we fell onto the ground together, me on top of him. I wriggled free from his grip and tried to get up. He gripped onto my hand again, this time a little tighter, as if worried I would slip away. As he gripped onto my hand, I lost balance and fell on top of him. Our faces were just inches away. I felt his breath on my face. We smiled. He placed his free hand on the back of my head, slowly pushing me closer towards him, until our lips came into contact.

Crunch, rustle, crunch, rustle.

The crunching and rustling of leaves. I heard them again. I lifted my head up and tilted towards the woods, my eyes darting around to find anything suspicious-looking.

"Something wrong, baby?" Taylor asked as he pushed back a few strands of blonde hair behind my ear. He had never called me 'baby' before, but I kind of like it.

"I don't know. I keep hearing the crunching and rustling of leaves and twigs." I replied, still looking into the dense forest. He put his hand to my chin and tilted it towards him.

"I don't hear anything." He smiled and kissed me again. I broke off the kiss and pecked him on the lips again before rolling off him and onto the ground. Half of my back was on the picnic mat while the other half was on the grass. I gazed at the sky, it was sky blue with streaks of pink and purple and splotches of orange. A shadow came upon me. Before I knew it, I was hurled up to my feet.

"OH MY GOSH TAYLOR WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I shrieked.

"Come on let's go!" He exclaimed. I let out a ridiculous laugh and followed him towards the other side of the lake. We left our picnic stuff behind, but it's not like anyone would take them away. He took my hand and led me towards a little boat towards the end of the lake, floating on the blue shallow waters. He placed his arms on my hips and lifted me up on the boat gently. I wriggled.

"It's ticklish!" I said in the middle of laughs.

*****2 Hours Later*****

The sky was dark, dotted with tiny sparkling stars. Taylor gripped my hand and led me onto the balcony, where he had nicely laid out 2 chairs and a table, decorated with flowers and a candle. The outside of the boat was lined with strings of lights. It was magnificent.

"Have a seat, Princess." Taylor teased as he pulled out the chair for me.

"Thank you," I replied, smiling. "What you've done is absolutely amazing, Taylor."

"I knew you'd like it."

While eating, I kept feeling someone looking at me. I looked around several times, only to find the moonlight glistening on the lake, the dark woods, Taylor's yacht and Taylor. We continued eating when Taylor snapped me back to dinner.

After dinner, we went inside. It was fully equipped with a television set and a laptop, which was Taylor's. I turned on the television and Grey's Anatomy was on. I thought of Meredith. I already miss her even though its only a few hours since I left the house. Taylor came down to sat by me on the couch. We ate popcorn and potato chips. He pretended to yawn and put his arm around me. I laughed. I snuggled up to him so that my head rested on his chest. He stroked my hair. I felt my eyelids get heavy. I started to drift off.

"I'll get the blanket." I heard Taylor whisper into my ear. He stood up to take the blanket from the closet, but I gripped onto his white t-shirt.

"Stay," I murmured. He sat back down and I curled up around him. I fell asleep, with him by my side, stroking my hair. I started to wonder if he really was the one for me...

The next chapter has a little action so look forward to it hahahha! I hope you liked this chapter, it's just a little Taylor Squared moment so it might have been a little boring. My holidays start in a week and I am so not looking forward to camp. Ugh. ):