Chapter Twelve

without friends you can never truly enjoy life... thank you to my amazing friens (N.B.M) <3

{ Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.}

______________________________________________________________

 (Rachae's P.O.V)

It was two weeks later and Jason was still   going out with Lauren, but now I found a way to deal with that. I stopped hanging out with Jason as soon as Lauren came over. It's not like she was a bad person, it'sjust that I hated seeing them act all love-dovy.

“Hey Rach wait up!” I saw Jason running down the hall towards me.

“Hey what’s up?” I asked, grabbing my bag and started walking towards the parking lot to where Emma was waiting for me.

“I’m having a small gathering tonight at my place, wanna come?” he was walking beside me now and I could feel heat radiating from his body. I moved a little away from him because I couldn’t stand being near him, without my nerves frying up.

“I’m busy tonight. Tons of homework.” I gave an apologetically smile.

“Ok let me rephrase that. You are coming tonight.” He said in his usual cocky attitude.

“I’m sorry jay, but I really...” he cut me off before I could finish.

“Don’t say you’re sorry. I’ve missed you lately... I missed hanging out with my best friend.” We reached Emma’s car, she was waiting for me inside. I stood by the door and looked up at him. He had his sad poppy dog eyes on, and I never stood a chance.

“Fine I’ll be there, but you better have food.” I poked my fingers at his ribs.

“You’re the best Rach!” he gave me a hug, and waved to me as he ran to football practice, which he was now 15 minutes late for.

“You okay Rachi?” Emma was looking at me with concern in her eyes.

“Yeah, awesome” I fasten on my seat-belt and stared straight ahead. Then I realized the car wasn’t moving,

I looked over at Emma to see her facing me with her hands crossed over her chest and raising an arched brow at me.

Silently sending me a message saying: you-either-tell me-or-we’re-gonna-be-here-all-day.

I let out a sight of frustration “I have to go to Jason’s stupid gathering tonight, and I have to sit there listening to him complementing his stupid, hot girlfriend.” I’m very sure I sounded childish, but frankly I didn’t care.

“I know this is killing you seeing him with her, but you just can’t cut him out of your life because he’s dating someone else. Besides he’s your best friend and he didn’t do anything wrong. I mean come on you dated Adam, when you could’ve told Jason how you really felt about him a long time ago. What did you expect? That he will just stay single until you’re ready to confess your feelings?” With that she started the car and headed to my place.

The entire ride she didn’t say one word to me, leaving me to my own thoughts. I mean she’s right, (I hate her stupid reasoning)

why would he wait for me?

He doesn’t know my feeling towards him. I guess I should go tonight; he is my friend after all and he deserved my support even though it’s killing me inside to watch him with her.

We reached my place, and went up to my room with a couple of snacks for our usual after school study session. You would think we were nerds, but really we just liked hanging out together all day long; so we tell our parents that we study all this time.

“Hey, can I ask you a question?” she asked, I looked over to where Emma was sitting on the side of the bed.

“Shoot.” I went over to sit next to her.

“Why now?” she looked at me.

“What do you mean?” I opened my soda and took a sip from it. 

“Why are you showing your feelings now? You had like ten years to tell him, why now?”

I just sat there, looking at my hands. Finally I looked up at her. “Because it’s our last year together. Before he leaves for Miami for college and I go to New York. I know we’ll see each other, but what if he falls for someone else again. I wanted this to be our year; I want to be with the man I love.” I stared at her and she just nodded in understanding.

“Well...” she gets up and walks over to my closet “we better find you a smokin’ hot outfit for tonight.”

I looked up at her as a smile tugs at my lips “You know my life would defiantly suck without you.”  

____________________________________________________________________

VOTE if you have an awesome friend Like Emma :D