Chapter Two

{Don't push your relationship with a person too hard, if it’s meant to be then it will happen.}

________________________________________________________

“Rachael, Adam’s here!” My mom yelled from downstairs. I took a look in the mirror one last time before leaving my room.

 “Hey stranger,” I greeted him at the bottom of the stairs. Even though I was a step higher than him, I still had to stand on my tippy toes to give him a light kiss.

 “Hey stranger.” Adam replied, as he gave me a hug.

Adam was 6 feet tall, but he was still a head taller than me. I’m only 5’6 which is not that bad compared to the girls in my class. Adam’s a freshman in college and I’m a senior in high school (only 4 more months till graduation! Mental happy dance).

Anyways a friend of mine introduced us while we were at a beach party. And from that moment on, we just connected. He is studying to be a lawyer and has a football scholarship in the college near our town, so I get to see him a lot.

“So which movie do you want to watch?” he asked me as he opened the door to his black Mercedes CLS. I settled in and closed the door behind me.

 “I don’t know it’s between ‘The Romantics’ and ‘Fast Five’,” I waited for him to get in the car and put his seat belt on.

“Your choice babe,” He answered, and I’m very sure he was praying that I don’t pick the sappy chick flick. 

 “I’m thinking…” I took a dramatic pause, “Fast Five.” I grinned when I saw the look of relief on his face.

“And that, ladies and gentleman, is why you’re my girlfriend,” he winked at me before starting the car and taking off to the movie Plex down town.

A few hours later

 “Man, that was amazing! We should totally see that again!” Adam’s voice echoed through the parking lot, him sounded just like a 7 year old; so cute.

“Yeah it was great, but cars aren’t really my thing. Maybe you should take Cody next time.” I shrugged, the movie was good, but I was more interested in the hot guys in it. 

 “Yeah, but Cody isn’t a good kisser like you,” he said as he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in for a kiss. I’m not a big fan of PDA; it just made me so uncomfortable.

 “We better get going,” I whispered against his lips as I pulled back and started dragging him behind me.

 We were almost near the car when I heard someone call out Adam’s name; I turned around to see a girl with gorgeous black curly hair walking over to us. The only thought running in my head was that the girl was H-O-T. She was slim, but had curves. She kissed Adam’s cheeks inappropriately and then turned to me.

 “Hey I’m Sarah, Adam’s friend.” She stuck out her hand for me to shake it.

 “Rachael, it’s nice to meet you.” I shook her hand and gave her a tight smile.

 “So you two go to the same college then?” I asked. That’s weird, Adam never mentioned her to me before.

 “Yup Adam he is my knight in shining armor.” She hooked her arm through his, and all I wanted to do was tell her to get her own damn knight.