Chapter Eight

{Its weird how sometimes things just have to happen to see how you actually feel about someone}

______________________________________

(Rachael’s P.O.V)

I looked up to see Jason striding over with a cocky smile on his face.

“Guess who has a hot date for tomorrow night.” He said as he  took the seat next to me.

“I’m gonna go with idiot who forgot our drinks.” I pointed a finger at him.

“Oh crap! Be right back.” He jumped out of the seat and went to get our drinks. I watched as he ran to the counter pushing some people out of the way before the staff decides to throw our drinks.

When he came back he placed the hot chocolate and muffin in front of me before resuming his seat.

I cleared my voice before I asked him “So you have a hot date, when did that happen?”

"Yeah, with this girl I just bumped into. Man, Am I lucky or what/ Rachael, she's amazing... she's funny, smart and to top it all of she's hot. And I got her number..." I watched as he leaned back against the couch, holding a piece of paper in his hand like it was gold "I hit the jack pot with this," he glanced over at me with a huge smile on his face. 

“Wow, that’s great just... great.” Those were the only words I could come up with, without sounding like a jealous b*tch. 

I just felt awkward sitting there listening to him, about where he planned on taking her and what moves he was going to use. 

I mean come on you just met the freakin' girl...

Thank god Emma and Luke walked in, looking a little bit guilty for keeping us waiting while they made out in Luke’s car. Luke’s hair was standing on ends and he was smiling with satisfaction, while Emma’s lips were swollen from all the kissing they’ve been doing.

“Sorry we’re late,” Luke said, taking the seat right in front of me and Jason, while Emma sat at the other side of me. 

“Hey Emm don’t you want to get something to drink?” I asked hopefully she could take a hint that I needed to talk to her.

“Yeah sure. Want anything Lukey?” she asked him while getting up.

“A black coffee, please.” He answered crossing his legs at the ankle.

We walked over to the cashier and she placed her order.

“What’s wrong?” she asked as soon as she was done with the order.

“Jason has a date tomorrow apparently with a hot babe.” I quickly said. 

“Oh, ok ... and that’s a problem because?” She asked, raising a brow at me. 

“Because it’s my…”I trailed off, because what? It's my what?

“You think it’s your turn to be with him.” She looked at me with those all too knowing eyes.

“What if he doesn’t want me?” I asked her, but I was looking over at to where Jason was sitting talking to Luke probably about his hot blond. He had a huge smile on his face as he talked.

Why is this happening to me? Where are all these feelings coming from?

“Maybe it’s time to take the plunge, what do you have to lose?” She asked me. 

“Everything…” I said in a low voice, almost a whisper.

“I felt the same way about Luke, but here we are three years later happily in love.” She put her hand on my shoulder and I looked at her. “Don’t make this mistake, and lose what could be something great over a fear. Trust me if you don't tell him now you will regret it later,”

“Ok, I just have to find the right moment I guess.” She took her drinks and we headed over to the guys.

And all day I couldn’t find that right moment. Or maybe I just couldn’t find the courage to take the plunge. 

I was such a coward.

After a grueling two hour study session, we decided to call it a day. Jason drove me home and I kissed him on the cheek good-by when we reached my place, before he left. 

I walked into the house and straight up to my bedroom, as I walked in I threw my things on the floor and jumped on my comfy bed. 

I hate my life...

I was laying on my back staring at the celling and I smiled to my self at what I saw on it. It was a painting that my dad drew for me when I was little. I kept nagging him about blowing up a hole in my celling so I could look at the stars. So one day when I came home from school, there it was a painting of the night sky on my celling. 

It always made me feel better when I remebered the good times I had with my dad. 

I miss you so much daddy, I wish you were here to tell me what to do...

___________________________________________________________

Vote if you like Emma's advise :D