Chapter Eleven

{ Should I smile cause were friends, or should I cry cause that's all well ever gonna be.}

_________________________________________________

(Rachael’s P.O.V)

The music around me was just so loud I could barely hear a thing, people kept coming even thou it was 9:45 and it was a school night .but when Chase Smith threw a party everyone had to come.

Me, Emma and Luke were hanging out in the front lawn, the grass beneath us was cold, but we didn’t mind. Emma was lying down on the grass with her head in Luke’s lap, while he played with her hair. I sat in front of them, drinking my third beer of the night.

I don’t usually drink, but as soon as Luke told me Jason and Lauren were coming I started pounding them in. I’m sure tomorrow was going to be a living hell for me, but right now I didn’t really care. And I probably needed a shower, I could actually smell myself.

“And here are my favorite party animals.” My head snapped up at the sound of Jason’s voice.

He was coming our way with his hand around Lauren’s waist. They looked already like a perfect couple. With her blond hair and blue eyes, she looked like Malibu Stacy doll. 

“Hey dude didn’t think you would make it.” Luke held out his fist for Jason to bump it. Lame guy thing they always did.

“Guys this is Lauren.” He looked down at her, and his smile broadened.

The public display of affection was killing me...

“Lauren these are my very well-behaved friends.” He gave each of us a stern look, before introducing us. He went around the little circle introducing us.

“And last, but certainly not least Miss Rachael Simpson.” I had to force a smile on my face before shaking her out stretched hand.

“Nice to meet you, Jason wouldn’t shut up about you all night.” she gave me a smile before sitting down next to me.

“I’m sure everything he said is 100% true.” I looked over at Jason; he was now sitting next to Luke.

“So do you have any embarrassing stories about him, or deep dark secrets I need to know?”

oh god please don’t talk to me. I’m really not in the mood to be nice to you…

“She wouldn’t dare tell you anything bad, or I’ll tell them about the time when we went swimming in the…offff” I threw a beer can at him, considering he was the one who taught me how to throw I had a good arm. And a good aim, so the can hit him square in the chest.

“Nice shot.” Luke gave me a salute.

“I don’t think I have any embarrassing stories, Jason was a model citizen growing up.” I raised my eyebrows at him. 

“Oh come on you can’t expect me to believe that, do you?” She arched a brow at me.

I looked over at Jason how was smiling with such joy, I never seen him so happy before.

“We did a lot of pranks but if I tell you the embarrassing stories he would chop my head off. And I like my head where it is now.” I smiled apologetically at her.

We all talked for a while about random things, and then it was 10:45 so we decided to call it a night. Jason was going to give me a ride home, but first we had to drop Lauren off. And I had to endure the sight of them kissing good-bye at her front door.

I could swear that when Jason walked back to the car his walk had a little spring in it. He was also grinning like an idiot.

“Good job Romeo, you didn’t screw it up.” I said in a mock voice. Next we headed to my place.

“I know. I have a date for tomorrow.” He said arrogantly.

“Really two days in a row, don’t you think you’re moving a little too fast? What happened to your golden rule” I said sarcastically and glanced over at him.

“No, I don’t think I’m moving too fast. I finally met someone who is funny, smart and beautiful. Why should I wait three days to call her up again? I don’t get that stupid rule Taylor lives by; I mean if you like someone you shouldn’t have to wait that long to see them again," he said.

We were now parked in my drive way, he unbuckled his seat belt, turned his head and looked at me.

“Rach I really want you and Lauren to get along. It would mean so much to me that you give her a chance.” He gave me a pleading look. And I couldn’t deny him this one thing he asked of me.

“I’ll try to play nice,” I said teasingly. I got out of the car, and I heard Jason’s door open. I turned around and suddenly I was pressed up against his wide muscled chest. With his arms around me so tight, crushing me to him. I’m very sure I stopped breathing for a minute there.

“Thanks Rach, you know this means a lot to me.” he gave me one last squeeze before letting me go. 

“I’ll do anything for my peanut.” I backed up and stuck my tongue out at him.

“Oh for the love of god! Grow up!” he ranted on and on about how he was a man now, so I should stop calling him by that stupid ass name. He waved at me before getting in his car and driving off.

I opened the front door and went straight up to my room, changed my clothes and got in to bed. I decided to listen to so music before turning in, it usually relaxed me.

I grabbed my iPod from the nightstand, turned it on, and immediately started laughing from the irony of the moment “Jonas brothers - just friends” was playing.

I really needed to get over this...

_________________________________________________

VOTE IF YOU FEEL SORRY FOR RACHAEL :(