Chapter Seven

{You only think that you’re immune to feelings. The most unlikely person could reduce you to tears, laughter, or spontaneous declarations of love.}

___________________________________________________________

(Jason’s P.O.V )

"Are you okay?" I asked, glancing to where Rachael sat in the passenger seat, playing with the radio.

"For the millionath time I'm fine Jason," she gave me a pointed look before turning back to the radio. Finally settealing on "Forget you" by Cee lo green.

"I'm sorry, I just hate seeing you get hurt." I really did, hell I wanted to beat Adam up so bad right now. 

"I know, but I'm not hurt or anything. It's called moving on..." she gave me a smile as she reached out and squeezed my hand. "and thank you for not killing Adam, I know that's taking allot of self-control."

I grinned at her, she just knew me too well.

We finally reached Starbucks and I parked in the semi-full parking lot and got out, I quickly made my way to Rachael's side and opened the door for her. 

"Thanks," she said as she smiled us at me. 

"Sure thing Hotstuff, shall we?" I offered her my arm and she placed her slender one on it. 

I opened the door for us and the smell of freshly backed muffins and grounded coffee beans reached us.

"Wanna bet that the lovely couple will be late?" I said, giving her a wink. She just rolled her eyes at me. I noticed that allot of kids from school were hanging out here, some reading books while others were chatting with each other. 

I glanced down at Rachael, who was typing away on her Blackberry. I swear that she has an addiction, that she refuses to acknowledge. I grabbed the phone at of her hand and hid it behind my back. 

"Jason, give that back!" she glared up at me and I just smiled, she was so cute when she's angry. 

"Put it away, you know how it annoyes me," I stated, and really did. I mean I want to actually talk to her and not the top of her head, while she typed away on the stupid thing. 

"Fine, I'll put it away." I handed her the Blackberry and she threw it in her bag, giving me a sarcastic    smile.

“Hey, why don’t you get us a table. And I’ll get our drinks,” I said, giving Rachael a small push to the seating section of the coffee house. It was pretty quite this time of day, which made it the perfect place to study and relax. 

“Okay, and don’t forget my chocolate muffin.” she warned, pointing a finger a me. I just nodded as I watched  Rachael make her way to the table in the far corner.

I was checking my phone as I headed to the counter, I wasn’t looking where I was going and bumped into someone and a cold drink spelled all over the floor.

 “Oh! I’m so sorry I wasn’t looking where...” I looked up to see the most beautiful drake shade of green eyes I have ever seen stare back at me. A weird sensation washed over me as I stared down at this blond hair beauty.My brain literally stopped  working. She had on this cute blue sundress, which had a stain on it now.

“I’m so sorry, I –I was..umm…” what the hell is happening, form one sentence you idiot!

“You weren’t looking where you were going?” she said that with an amused look on her face, but oh god her voice was so soft and sweet.

Can I voice be sweet?

“Here let me buy you another drink...” I moved out of the bus-boy's way, and followed her to the cash register.

“The lady well have a ..” I looked at her to finish my sentence. 

“An iced-mocha, chocolate.” Her smile is captivating. “Don’t you want anything?” she asked me, arching a brow at me.

You're really impressing her Einstein...

“Um, yeah. I’ll have a white mocha, a hot chocolate and a chocolate muffin.” I paid the cashier; and we moved aside and waited for our orders to finish. I handed her a wet napkin to try and remove the stian,she rudded it a bit until it vanished.

"Thanks,"

“I’m Jason by the way.” I offered her my hand.

“Lauren, it was nice bumping into you.” She shook my hand.

“Sorry I’m not usually this clumsy.” I smiled sheepishly at her. 

“It’s fine really just be glad I didn’t order the hot mocha.” She gave me a wink.

Ok be smooth Jason, you can do this just ask her out and be cool for the love of god.

“So I was thinking if your free tomorrow night maybe I could make it up to you again, by buying you dinner?” I raised my brow at her.

And then she laughed, it was a soft laugh. And looked up at me

“You are really bad at this...” I could see the laughter behind her eyes.

“I know… I know, but you could feel sorry for me and say yes.”  I tilted my head a little to the side, giving her my puppy dog face. 

“A pity date?” and here comes that smile again.

“You would think I would feel embarrassed, but I would love a pity date with you.” I was probably grinning like an idiot now.

“Okay tomorrow.” she opened her purse and pulled out a piece of paper with a number one it. She handed it to me, grabbed her drink from the counter and headed to the door, but not before turning back to me with a smile.

 “I can’t wait.” she said as she left. 

“Me neither.” I just stood there staring  after her.

This was definitely going to be fun...

__________________________________________________________

 VoTe if You're Not looking forward to the pity date, I know I suck...