Chapter Sixteen

|Chapter Sixteen|

- Devyn

I snorted up some cocaine. I sighed with a smile on my face. These last few weeks have been great. I've done nothing but feel free. Me and Darnell have been doing major drugs and now tonight we'd be going out. This would be the start to our Halloween spree.

Darnell told me that he always did a Halloween spree. It lasted from October 21st until Halloween. I couldn't wait! Darnell sure knew how to make people feel good so I'm pretty sure he knows how to throw a party.

I grabbed a water bottle and tried to drinking it. I was shaking but I still managed to drink the water.

"You a pro now," Darnell spoke while puffing on a blunt. I grabbed the taco bell bag out and grabbed a chipotle loaded griller. I bit into it. "Mmmm," I moaned. It tasted just like cocaine. That's only because I had sniffed so much though.

My nose no longer bled and I was constantly having small withdrawals. I kept a Black on me to solve that problem though.

Lately, I haven't been to school at all. My dad tried to contact me and so did the school but I didn't call them back. Jennifer constantly blew my phone up but I didn't need her judgmental ways around me. I was living young, wild, and free.

The only thing I've done that was productive is talk to the police about my mom. Dr. Lane would be going to jail for not letting us know about her diorder.

As for Kyrie? I haven't seen him since my mom's funeral really. I no longer went to the fights and I never saw him in the hood. Mainly because I was always on the inside getting high. I don't even think Kyrie knows that I'm basically a crackhead.

My Aunt Cynthia's words replayed in my head.

"You know when you graduate, you can come live with me and your Uncle Kevin," she had told me at my mother's funeral just a few weeks ago. I told her that I wanted to and that I would tell her when my graduation was. I really think that when I stop having fun with these drugs, I can go back to school and finish. When I finish, I'll move with her in California and attend UCLA. It's so simple and perfect.

I drunk some more water before getting up and going to the back. Tonight was the start of Nell's Halloween spree and I had to be extra cute. Everyone would be there because they even stopped all the fights for the spree. I heard that Kyrie had been beating ass in the streets and would soon win another fight title when the finals came around. His dogs would probably win the same. He was obviously the king at that shit.

I looked in Darnell's bathroom mirror. I was still beautiful. My skin was kind of dry and my hair was thinning out but my smile was still pretty and my eyes were still breath-taking. They were hazel and green and they still gave that beautiful effect.

I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower. I itched all over. It's not that I'm dirty or anything but the coke makes me do and think a lot of crazy things. Last week I washed so hard that I scrubbed skin off of my arm. Darnell then told me to inject the needles in my toes instead of my arms. Now I was getting better.

After I finished washing my body and my hair, I dried off and took the time to curl my hair. When I curled the first piece in the very back, it burned off.

"What the fuck," I mumbled holding the small lock in my hair. It almost brought tears to my eyes even though it wasn't much of my hair. I knew it was the effect of the coke...

I got up and went into Darnell's room. I put my underwears on, followed by a tank top and some basketball shorts. My wardrobe has really changed. I use to wear Micheal Kors, Givenchy, Chanel, Dior, Armani, Louis Vuitton, Vera Wang, and much more but now all my clothing consists of: Jordan, Nike, True Religion, and Versace. I went to being something I wasn't to being something that I really wasn't.