Chapter Two

|Chapter Two|

- Devvyn

* 2 weeks later *

"Dad.. do I really have to go to this ghetto ass school?"

"Language Devyn!"

"Sorry," I mumbled as I looked up at the small school.

"Good luck," he whispered before kissing my cheek.

I grabbed my customized Vera Wang book bag before hopping out of the car. Looking at this school made me kind of sicken on the insides. I walked up to the door and walked in. The school wasn't just some tiny school but it wasn't two-story either. I gawked at the sights I was seeing.

There were females wearing the skimpiest shit. Boys sagging, people smoking vapes, and dealing drugs. This was really surprising. Especially for a school in Miami. I made my way to the main office to retrieve my schedule.

After retrieving it, I scanned the hall numbers to find which hall my AP Calculus class would be on. I was surprised that this school even had AP's. I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the back.

When the bell rung, half of the class poured in and the teacher didn't even seem to care. She was a pretty Caucasian lady. She sat at her desk typing away on her phone. Her name tag read "Ms. Simmons".

I looked around as I saw a bunch of thugs and sluts. I know these people can't be that smart. I mean, half of them didn't even have supplies with them and this is the damn first day.

"I know you aint come in this school with that shit. You bound to get robbed shorty," A voice said from behind me. I scrunched my face up and turned to the guy. I was taken aback. Although he was dressed like a thug, his facial features made up for the trashy clothing. He reminded me of Trey Songz or something. Deep dimples caressed his cheeks, his jawline was sex itself, brown eyes that glistened, and a killer smile. I couldn't help but stare at him as his tattoos showed themselves to me. He only wore one of those little thin white shirts.

"You're ignorant," I mumbled.

"You aint even talked to me long enough to be calling somebody ignorant but yeah whateva'."

I rolled my eyes and turned towards the front of the room.

"That's the problem with you light-skins now. Y'all think your shit don't stink and got ya' nose all in da air."

I turned around once again and put a simple smile on my face. "I have you to know I am white. The only thing black is my momma' and that bitch don't count for nothing. Also, I have you to know my shit doesn't stink and my nose shall continue to stay in the air. So you just stay in your lane black boy." I schooled his ass.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Everybody! Lil' bitch right here thinks she's white," he said loudly so that the whole class could hear.

The class uproared into laughter and began to talk about me and call me names. They especially made sure I heard them saying "mutt".

"I will have my law-" I stopped mid-sentence. I looked around at these people and realized they didn't give a damn. If I brought my lawyer to this school they would beat his and my ass. I just shushed myself and kept my distance. I would have to deal with this for the rest of my senior year so I might as well get use to it.

_________

It's now the end of the day and I finally see someone who's white and not ghetto. She's dressed similar to me and looks very classy. I tapped her shoulder. This was our lunch period and it seemed as though I could be friends with her.