Chapter Five

|Chapter Five|

- Devyn

Wednesday

I laughed loudly in the middle of class. "Ms. Wright!" My teacher Mr. Boatright exlaimed. "Sorry," I mumbled. He walked over to my desk to see what was so funny and he saw my phone sitting open in my lap. He outstretched his hand.

"First and foremost, you did not pay for my cellular device and you barely teach anyways so there's no point in me giving you this phone." I said. A couple of "wtf's" came from the class.

Mr. Boatright seemed to be everybody's favorite teacher besides Ms. Simmons. He was an older black guy, real cool, laid back, and genuine. "Well, you can just make your way right to ISS.

"Gladly," I spoke as I got up and gathered my things.

Normally I would be boo-hoo crying but lately I haven't seemed to have a care in the world. I think it's the school. They barely teach and when they do I've already learned it so I really didn't care about this shit anymore. My father would be very disappointed in me but then disappointed with the school. I decided to not inform him. He's been so busy with work and the twins anyways.

I walked into the ISS room. The first person I spotted was Kyrie. He sat way at the back with his hoodie over his head. His eyes were halfway closed and I could hear his music from here.

"Come on in Ms. Wright. Mr. Boatright sent a text."

I nodded and made my way to the back. I sat in the desk next to Kyrie. I leaned over and snatched his earphones out.

"Yo what the fuck!" He grew a mean look ok his face.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "I was wondering why you weren't in AP, but now is a good time to really get working on that project since we're in here all day."

"That's all you want to damn do. Work work work work work." I chuckled and thought about Rihanna's song Work. "Well you won't succeed if you don't put in the work," I said as I got my notebook and packet out.

"You right," he sighed. I scooted my desk closer to his and we began to work. I did research on my problems and he just freely thought of solutions to his. That irked me. It made him seem ignorant when he was actually a genius.

I tapped my fingers a long the desk as I wrote.

tap.
tap.
tappity tap.
a tap tap tap.

"Can you stop?" he growled.

"Or what?" I scoffed.

tap.
tap.
tappity tap.
a tap tap.

Yank!

"Ouchhhhh," I moaned as Kyrie yanked my forearm. He was so strong. "Let go," I whined. He moved his face closer to mine. "You gone stop?" he said through clenched teeth. "It's not that big of a deal!" I retorted. His grip tightened on my skin making it turn red. "Okay okay, I will."

He just held his grip there for a while as tears formed in my eyes. Now I know why they say not to try him. Just something as simple as that made him turn into a damn beast. He let go and I began to run my arm. I started scooting my desk over but he grabbed the desk and pulled it back.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I just hate that tapping shit when I'm trying to work. I don't like distractions at all," he said looking directly at my cleavage. I tried to cover up. He smirked and let out a soft chuckle.