New Feelings (Moonika's P.O.V)

I awoke to the bright sun beating down on me, I looked around but my head was too sore to move much. I saw that I was close to the sea, the Land Spell was the only thing keeping me from dying from being out of Chandra for so long. I could hear someone breathing nearby I looked to where the sound was coming from and there Xavier was fast asleep on the rocks, he must have stayed here to make sure I was alright, or at least I hoped that was the reason. He woke while I was cleaning the wound on my leg in a rock pool; there was a long dead silence then he plucked up enough courage and said “Hi”.

I turned and looked him in the eye this time I was not caught off-guard, “Why? Why did you stay here all night?” I said trying to stay calm.

“Well you were unconscious so I had to make sure you were alright” he said a little surprised at my tone, I took a deep breath.

“Well im OK so you can leave now, im sure you really don’t want to be here with me, I mean you don’t even know who I am”.

“No” came his reply he sounded a little stronger now that he had woken up more.

“No?” I repeated a little confused.

“No im not leaving you even if I don’t know who you are, it’s my fault you fell and got knocked out so im determined to make it up to you” I pondered this for a while. Then he asked “So who are you?”, I had been afraid he might ask that.

“I am… Moonika” I said a bit hesitant to reveal my identity to a stranger.

“Huh Moonika, I like it”.

“Like what?” I asked puzzled.

"Your name, it's different, ive never heard of it". After a moment of silence he came over and sat on the rock next to mine, "So where are you from Moonika?".

Oh no I thought I hadn't expected him to ask that! "I'm um from Narlia" I lied.

"Huh where's that?" he asked. I looked away not knowing how long I could possibly keep lying. “Oh sorry, you don’t want to talk about it do you?” I shook my head as tears swelled in my eyes, home was where I wanted to be right now I missed it so much, I missed my parents, my friends, No Moonika you have a mission to do, you cant keep thinking about home! I told myself firmly. “Hey you alright?”, Xavier asked as he reached his hand out to touch mine, his hand was so hot compared to my cool skin, but it felt kind of nice to have the warmth for a change. I turned to check my wound, it was less bloody now. “Hey I can um take you back to my place if you would like to bandage that” Xavier said as he pointed to my wound.

“No need” I replied as I ripped a piece of fabric from my dress and wrapped it tightly around my leg. He stood up and offered me his hand, I took it feeling more confident that he was not an agent of the In-between territory. “Thanks” I said awkwardly. I had to continue on my mission to find a girl by the name of Kalinda, the prophecy said that both her and me were the ones that would save this world from the destruction of the Agents. "Well it was...nice to meet you Xavier" I said.

"Yeah you too, so I guess I'll see you around then" Xavier replied.

"Maybe" I said as I turned and started walking away, probably not I thought.

                                                                           ***