Chapter 29- Epilogue

• Dedicated to My family- for getting me through the hard times. :)

Natures Soul

Chapter 29

“He’s gone.” Realization hit us like a brick.

“But we must fight on for his memory.” Mizu said memorably. “We have to defeat them.”

“Let’s do this.” I agreed. Then we broke off and began to try to win this.

I don’t remember a lot of things about those moments, and I’m glad I don’t. It was horrible. All I do remember was that there was a lot of screaming. A lot of blood. A lot of death.

I don’t know how long it would have gone on if Rolfe hadn’t ordered a retreat. Then I noticed just how many DiRays we had defeated.

Dude, we were beast out there.

Then I saw my parents and rushed to them.

“Mom! Dad!” I screamed.

“Its okay baby, we’re here now.”

I sobbed into my mother and father as they hugged me. Then my whole family joined in.

Almost no one else heard what my father said next, but I did and it stuck with me forever.

“At least we can always hope it will be alright.”

A week later found us all in a better place.

I knew where my soul was. In a vault, in the castle, safe with my parents. Kylie and Maddie found their soul easily- Kylie knew to look by vast amounts of energy; i.e. a coral reef with large schools of fish. For Maddie, there aren’t that many volcanoes big enough to keep that girls soul in them.

As for Mizu, we all had the consolation that he wasn’t evil, dark, or a spy. A spy for the good side more like it.

We hadn’t had any word on Becka, though I didn’t know if any of us really wanted to. Our hearts had been broken enough already.

White and I…erm, uh yeah we’re still going strong. The romance is still there, and I would like to see what comes of it.

My family is still reeling after the loss of Estel and now this. We don’t know what will happen next, but we do know that will be a long, long time before Rolfe comes back up out of the dust. And if he does, you better believe we’ll be ready.

As for me, I have to keep training. Build up my powers. Develop my people skills a little bit more. Maybe, one day, I’ll be a teacher who can help the younger ones learn about what being a DeLynn is all about. But I guess I’ll have to learn all of that before I can teach it.

Or, maybe, if I get permission, I’ll be the kind of person who goes and finds DeLynns in the human world. Whatever my calling is- I’ll do it.

Reuben had a wonderful funeral. Everyone came out to see it. The truth was broken to his parents. I don’t know how Gale managed to convince them they’re son wasn’t in danger originally, but whatever he did it worked. They were shocked to see their son dead.

It was a teary goodbye for everyone.

I saw my fake parents again. It was awkward, and the tension was obvious. We no longer had the bond of living together, but I knew that we loved each other like a real family. Because we were one.

We will no longer go to the high school we used to go to. Now we live full time in Area 51, New Mexico. It has its perks….everyone loves when I douse them with water because it’s so darn warm down there.

Did everyone end up happy? Probably not. But who cares?

Everyone hates the DiRays anyway.