Chapter 23

Natures Soul

Chapter 23

"Good morning sunshine!" Kylie's loud voice echoed in my ear.

"Muhh" I grumbled and rubbed my eyes before shooting up.

"Ow!" I hit Kylie in the head.

"Ow is right." I said, rubbing my head this time.

"Breakfast is twenty, and Mizu said we leave in an hour. Get ready." She turned around and stalked out the door with an energetic bounce in her step.

"Five more minutes." I mumbled while snuggling into my bed.

"BEEEEEEEEP!" An earsplitting screeching noise pierced my ears. My head shot off my pillow and I rolled into the wall on the other side of my bed. I looked up, gasping for air into the all-but closed eyes of a laughing Mizu and Rueben. They were I frowned and my eyes blazed as I threw off my covers. They looked up.

"Crap!" They bolted. I made a choking motion with my hands and wondered why, after all these years, I was still friends with the imbeciles.

I threw on some old clothes I had found rifling through the dirty clothes. Hey- as long as they don't smell like crap- they're still good.

I emerged still a little angry five minutes later and walked to the cafeteria- a sense of déjà vu replaying itself in my mind. Oh, life. How you interest me.

Thirty-six minutes later, we were all standing outside in a line, ready to leave.

"This is going to be a little different from the kind of transporting you did with white to get to the castle." Gale instructed. "You have focus yourself into calmness, and not spiked energy. If you don't, and you have high energy, something may go wrong in the transporting part. This is a very dangerous expedition, and you shouldn't treat it lightly." He finished off with a harsh glare reminiscent of a librarian's. I winced.

"Where are we going?" Becka asked doubtfully.

"Well, do you remember when I told you where are your souls were?"

"Ummm, no?"

"Well you'll remember soon."

"Oh, fabulous." Becka smart-alecked back. "Wait isn't mine in a rock?"

"And ten points for Miss Becka!" Gale smiled. "And for the record, it's in a stone."

"Picky...."Becka mumbled under her breath.

"Actually, we're getting Kyle's first."

"We're going to Japan?" Kyle asked excitedly. "That's so educational!" The rest of us snorted and he blushed profusely.

"Yes. Are you ready?"

"Will we get sick?" Kyle asked. Gale grinned maniacally.

"That's the fun part."

"Oh gosh." Kyle looked like he was about to throw up.

"Ready!?" Gale shouted.

"YES SIR!" We all yelled back.

"Mizu!" Gale pointed at Mizu, and we rose up, up, and away, all the way to Japan.