The Rest of Chapter 17

Natures Soul 

The rest of Chapter 17

“So where do we go?” Surely Gale knew where I would meet my parents.

“To the throne room, genius.” 

No dip. “Which is where......?”

“This way. Follow Colleen.” I shrugged and followed Colleen. We passed through several rooms that looked like the ones I had seen with White and Demi. The same scarlet red hung from everywhere. 

We were about to open grand doors when Colleen pulled me aside.

“Great dress by the way.” She started. “But I’m preparing you. Your parents might seem harsh at first, but have the kindest hearts in the kingdom. Don’t feel terrified by their cold stares and scrutinizing looks.” She gave me a half smile. “Be ready.” I nodded weakly. What have I gotten myself into? I thought.

Two men dressed nicely in medieval garb opened the wonderful large doors. I took a timid step in.

My first thought: Beautiful. Giant grey pillars grew up to the roofs. Scarlet blankets hung from the roof like bright flags of patriotism. A long, red carpet twisted across and through several tables packed with food up to the thrones. The thrones.

My parents were beautiful. Stunning. My real mother (my third one by now....) didn’t even smile when I walked in. She had brown hair (the same shade as mine, in places) and I couldn’t see her eye color from here. My father had blonde curly hair that had no traces of gray in it at all. He also had dark brown eyes. In fact. my parents looked to be about thirty. A tunnel of trumpeters blew their annoying instruments {AN no offense to any ACTUAL trumpeters if your reading this......} to sound my arrival. 

“We present the high princess, Aneh of Mantelay to his royal highnesses, the Queen and King of DeLynns!” A body cried out. My father was lounging earlier, but sat up straight as soon as I walked in. 

“Welcome daughter. Come forth.” He bid me closer. I couldn’t refuse.

I heard a whisper as I walked up. “Nice dress.” I faced a smiling pair of women. Marci and Demi giggled and high fived. I rolled my eyes and walked on. Were they cousins or something?

I walked up and bent down on my knees. I read in a book once about a squire who was being knighted. I put my hand into a fist and put over my heart while bending down.

Without even meaning to, I began to quietly recite what the squire had pledged to his king. My father started chuckling.

I realized my mistake, and quickly scrambled up. “S-s-sorry.” I blushed and stuttered. “I read a book about this kni-”

“It’s alright child.” He reassured. I found the courage to look in his eyes. 

“Ginny, look at our daughter.” He said fondly. Screw what Colleen said. I thought. They are the warmest people on Mantelay. 

My mother looked at me skeptical again. My father frowned and whispered something in her ear. She rolled her eyes and brightened.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t have met you earlier. My real name is Genevieve, but I prefer Ginny.”

“-And my name is Colin.” He scrunched up his nose, and I knew we were related.

“I have one question.” 

“Shoot.”

I cleared my throat.”Do you mind if everyone else leaves? I don’t feel like I can talk to you guys in privacy with all he court members here...” I trailed off expectantly.

“GOODBYE!” He waved to all the court members who grumbled, but didn’t protest.

“Yes my child?”

I sucked in a breath. “Why did you leave me as a baby?” My father paled. My mother seemed to weaken and age.

“It’s difficult to explain child. Please do not ask again.” Well that answered my question. I thought.

“Can I meet my siblings?” I asked hesitantly. Maybe they won’t grant me this request because they didn’t the last one. Or they don’t like me.

“Yes you may! I should say so, after not knowing of them for a long time!” My father yelled. Then he rapidly clapped his hands. 

Sounds of feet pounding against the ground entered my ears. I winced at my parents.

“Here we are father!”

“Where is she!”

“I want to see Aneh!”

Voices rung in my head. My friends had been loud, but not this loud. Five boys sprinted around the corner.

“Hello!” They yelled at the same time. I waved weakly. Then two girls walked in.

“Names?” I whispered to my mom.

“NAME YOURSELVES!” My father bellowed. 

A boy with blonde hair that was as curly as my fathers’ and blue eyes began.  He was wearing a dark blue t-shirt that said “forget you” and dark jeans. He looked to be around twenty something, but that didn’t mean anything. Something that made me feel closer to my Earthly home. “I’m Henry.” He bowed theatrically, reminding me of Kylie. My heart felt a pang. He earned a slap on the back of his head from the next boy.

The next boy had dark black hair and dark, dark brown eyes. He was wearing a bright red t-shirt and skinny jeans. “I’m Noah.” He too bowed. The third boy had blonde curly hair and blue eyes, but was definitely younger than Henry because he was shorter.

“I’m Archie.” He stated. He looked more my age. 

The next boy took after my mom. Dark brown hair and blue eyes. “Randy.” He said meekly.

The fifth and final boy had brown hair with blonde highlights, a lot like mine. His eyes were almost the same color.

“Estel.” He said boldly. He looked around three. I knew he had to be, because there was no way a three year old could find his soul. 

“On to the girls.” My mother said. She pointed to the first girl.

“Trinity.” She greeted. She had her blonde hair braided back into a half-ponytail and her hazel eyes sparkled. She waved.

The next girl had the curliest hair I had ever seen on a girl. Blonde and beautiful ran through my mind. And she was stunning.

Her blonde hair almost shined. She pulsed with confidence and she smiled grandly. I automatically felt as close to her as I ever had to Kylie. 

“I’m Aneh.” I waved.

“We know!” They said loudly in unison.

I chuckled. “Where is that girl?” I was confused for a moment, but then remembered I had another sister.

“Yeah, she was just with us.”

My mother turned to me. “Your sister takes forever.”

I would too if I lived here. I thought. 

“Brandi!” My father called. 

“Here I am!” Brandi came around the corner. I took in her appearance and almost fainted. I definitely gasped.

Brandi was the angel who had been fighting Becka.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Yeah, sorry for no updates. I had writers block until I started writing. Is this long enough? I wrote it up off the top of my head in, like, thirty minutes. 

If you didn’t know why I couldn’t update, then go read chapter 3 of The Soccer Player. It explains it there. 

Song of the chapter: The Light in Me by Brandon Heath. Go listen to it soon!

xoxo

amesco