Chapter 26

Natures Soul

Chapter 26

We began floating up the hill. It was, to say the least, on my part, a huge struggle. I hadn’t much practice with flying or floating.

Becka was kind, didn’t look nervous at all. Just kept her eyes up ahead and sometimes whispered encouraging words back to motivate me to go higher, higher. If I was human, I would have been sweating. I was almost crying when we reached the top.

“Beautiful view, eh?” Gale asked with the biggest smile you ever saw. “I love Yosemite.”

I chuckled. “I can tell.” I flashed a grin.

“Aneh look around and see if anything sticks out, or seems out of the ordinary. I think we’re getting near it. My Spidey senses are tingling.” Colleen smacked Gale for his careless comment.

“Look over there,” I pointed to an area a few yards away. The bushes were rustling, and making a lot of noise. I observed that there wasn’t much wind. Perhaps my soul was creating a mini tornado…no. Even I couldn’t do that. And I’m the one with the powers.

“Guys look, over there.” Becka pointed in the total opposite direction from where I had been looking. I turned my head and shielded my eyes from the sun’s brightness and gazed upon the scene in front of me.

A vast lake spread out, covering untold amounts of land. Forest green trees patrolled the waters edges, casting shadows on the earthy floor below. A massive light gray stone wall lay about a half a mile away, with a waterfall pounding down the middle like a snake’s tongue through its mouth. The blue sky, as tranquil as ever, somewhat blended with the gray backdrop, of which I could hear the water falling from here. A small rainbow decorated the upper edge of the beautiful river in the sky cascaded down. It was, in a word, breathtaking.

“That’s amazing,” I breathed out as if I had been holding my breath and had finally found a reason to exhale. “Anybody have a camera? Hehe.” I giggled at my own joke.

Suddenly, I heard Colleen scream. I looked over at her, and then everything went black.

I awoke tied to a chair. My head was tilted back and my neck was sore. I groaned and tried to shift my legs. Locked solid. I rolled my neck in an attempt to ease the pain.

“Good evening.” The deep masculine voice came from somewhere in the darkness. If I hadn’t been scared stiff, I would have burst out laughing. It was like something a fifth grader in a failed attempt to imitate a vampire, slash Edward from Twilight.

“Well it sure feels like evening.” I commented sarcastically. Then I had a thought.

Why not use fire to burn through these ropes?

So I concentrated all the energy in my body on my hands. The warmth in my body all traveled all the way down to the tips of my fingers, but I didn’t feel the comfortable fire, like a cool liquid, pierce the previously cool temperature my hands had been. In other words, no fire.

“Surprised, are we? This room was created to serve a purpose, and that purpose it to keep you DeLynns from killing us-“By this point, I had figured my psycho kidnapper was a DiRay.

My enemy.

Which meant I was in severe danger.

The Dracula voice continued. “We made it so you can’t use your powers.”

“Who are you?” I asked. The rope was starting to ebb away at my outside layer of skin and penetrate into my body. It was stinging and my eyes started watering. I stopped fussing with the ropes.

“You may have heard of me-“

“Donald Duck.”

“No-“

“Mike Jagger.”

“Oh Heck no-“

“PAPA SMURF!”

“SHUT UP!” He yelled. He sounded furious. Good. It would haze it his decision making, and he might make rash decisions.

Decisions that may work to my favor.

“I am Rolfe Jiwanna, your uncle. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

Really? Because I seem to be tied to a wooden creaky old chair- PAINFULLY if you don’t mind me saying so, and you’re telling it’s nice? I felt like telling this guy to go die. In my mind at least.

Then the room brightened up, and I saw my uncle’s face for the first time.