Chapter 7

A soon as I awoke from my dark slumber, I tried to open my eyes. I couldn’t. They were so tired. And heavy. They were so blurry, all I could see was a bright white light. 

“Kylie?” I whispered pathetically.

“Yes Aneh?” She replied. Her voice sounded so far away and faint.

“Where....am I?” I rasped. I started coughing.

“Oh Dear” I heard her shuffling around trying to find a cup of water to bring to my parched lips.

“I drank the water and instantly remembered that I could control it. I looked Kylie in the eyes, mine barely slits and hers wide and attentive.

“Is it true? We’re really DeLynns?” I think she nodded. My eyesight was slowly developing, and I was thankful. Seeing everything blurry is not fun.

“Yes.” Becka replied as she strolled in. I tried to smile, but my lips looked like they twisted into a scowl.

She rolled her eyes. “Maddie refused to come visit you at a hospital. She said it was too “white” for her taste. Anyway, I used my newfound psychic powers to decide wether you were in a good enough mood to see me. I’ve been working on improving my newfound talents.” She stated calmly. Becka was already getting a head start on mastering her powers.

Kylie groaned. “Man, she gets the awesome psychic powers, and I get ‘energy’? What the Heck?”

I almost laughed, but it came out more as a cough. 

Suddenly, the door swung open to reveal the doctor. He had black hair that looked like charcoal, and dark brown eyes. He was certainly hispanic. He had the tanned skin, and tall height as well. My mouth fell open and Becka and Kylie snickered at my stunned expression.

The Doctor smiled warmly at me. I felt my heart leap out of my skin. I glanced at the heart rate machine, and saw my heart rate spike. He chuckled at my panicked expression. Kylie and Becka were roaring with laughter by now, and I felt my cheeks flame. 

“How are you feeling?” He walked up to me and looked me in the eyes. It was a good thing I was lying down, otherwise I would have fallen down. He was very attractive.

“My throat hurts” He nodded in sympathy.

He gave me a cup full of a pink liquid.

“Is this Pepto Bismol?” I asked. I hated that pink goo doctors called “medicine.” It was like drinking strawberry syrup.

“No. But it may taste like strawberries.”

“What’s in it?” 

“My spit.”

My eyes widened and the twin jokers could barely breathe. He flashed me a smile.

“Just kidding. It should help you feel better almost immediately. It works on all DeLynns.” I gasped. He was a DeLynn like me? Then he forced the liquid down my throat. At first it stung my tongue a little, but then it was amazing. The liquid plunged down my throat, and provided relief from the sharp pain that was there earlier.