Chapter 20

Natures Soul

Chapter 20

We glided through the clouds like a dream. I was reminded of a memory from when I thought I was a human, an image of Katy Perry on her cover of Teenage Dream. Granted, the album's content was not very moral, but it was extremely catchy.

Then we slowly touched ground. I awkwardly released myself from White's grasp by promptly falling on my face.

"Mmff" I picked myself off the ground and tried to get the dirt and rocks that stuck to my face back on the ground where they belonged.

While White was laughing his furry little arms off, I walked toward the building. Geez, how long had I been away? Half a day? Two-thirds? Eh. I didn't care.

The building looked the same as it did half a day ago. Brick walls, like an old elementary school from the eighties. We bunked (Of course- I was so tired I forgot about it) in room that rather resembled a Titanic dorm. Four bunk beds in a tight little room with a sink, a separate bathroom, not much space (like, none at all) but it was workable. We had two bunk beds on either side and then on the right, we had a closet. On the left, we had the bathroom and shower. Not much for Kylie, Becka, Maddie, and me. Not to mention Maddie. Geez, we had to put some of our clothes on the shower door because we had no where else to put it.

Shall I describe the attention I felt as I walked in?

Lights were draped all over the roof and down the walls. Tissue pom poms also hung from the roof. A table full of chips, cake, soda pop, and other celebratory foods sat on the right wall when I walked in.

Then " ANEHHHHH!!!!!!!" My best friend Kylie ran a fast thirty foot sprint and leaped onto me. My eyes widened and her face took up my whole view. Then the rest of the crew joined. Hugs were given out like lemonade on a hot day.

"Welcome Back!"

"Hello!"

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Where have you been?" I rolled my eyes at Rueben's joke. He held up his hands in defense.

"It's great to have you back."

Wait. Pause. "How long was I gone?" I asked cautiously as we moved over to the food table. Yum.....

I filled my red plastic cup that vividly proclaimed my name in black permanent marker with my favorite drink EVER, Sprite.

"About a week." Becka answered. I spat out my lovely drink all over Kyle.

"Seriously!" Then I noticed what I had done. "Oh, sorry, but seriously?"

"Yep!" Kylie smiled and hugged me tighter. "We missed you!"

"Geez, it felt like half a day."

"Well genius, that's because the time zones are different." Maddie replied sarcastically.

"Yeah," I defended the measurement of time. "but it felt like eight hours." I finished lamely. I shook my head. "Anyway.....food!" I then realized I was positively starving. I was famished.

***

"Ugh, I'm a deadbeat." Maddie complained when we got back to our quarters. I fell my bed.

"Move...." Becka groaned. "My....." she fell on me.

"Umm....okay." I somehow managed to get up and move up the ladder to my bed. Then I collapsed and thought about "today". And the terrible news that shook me to my core.

I had left a while ago. At least, that was what my friends said. Then I thought about what happened after we went to get food.

"Come on guys! Let's celebrate Aneh's return by......an obstacle course!"

"How would that be celebrating? That's work, and work means sweat. Which means messing up my hair." Maddie stated.

Oh wow, you actually can figure things out! That was almost a math problem...... I thought.

"Well yeah, but you can't sweat." Gale pointed out. I burst out laughing.

"No dip Sherlock!" I guffawed.

"We should-" Gale started.

"Dude, it's like, the hottest day of the year." Mizu furrowed his brow.

"It's not like you'll sweat." Gale smirked. "besides," he turned to me. "I wanna see who's better." Honestly, when he said that, I felt like hiding. Everyone's heads turned to me.

"Hehe." I shrunk my neck.

"Let's begin!" Gale shouted. I saw the greatest workout in my life three feet in front of me. I sighed. Ropes (many large trees littered the land- Maddie's doing no doubt.) hung from the trees like monkey bars. Several, er, strange things also took up space on the sandy ground. A fiery inferno burned far off, and a pond some place far off, and, I think, was that a cow?

As if planned, a loud noise erupted from somewhere I couldn't place. I started.

I zoomed along, but Gale did too. We were neck and neck. Then I jumped up and looked down on him. Well I was forty feet above him. Then I came down on top of him. That delayed him.

Then I proceeded along with ease, dodging the cow, (yes, it was there), nimbly going through the ropes, and freezing the pond over and running on top of it. Then I finished and was astounded at how far I had gone.

Then Gale bounded up to me. "Well done." He panted. "but I'm training you."

"We'll, I'm not tired." I countered.

"But you will be soon." Then he made me do it our more times. Which didn't explain why Kylie, Becka and Maddie were tired too. But apparently, their "soul mates" made them do it too.

So there we were; four totally exhausted supernatural teenagers whining to their boyfriends (and, erm, cousin.) about how tired they were. And we were supposed to be the best.

Right before I closed my eyes, I remembered the last thing gale said to me before I said goodnight.

"He comes again. You must defeat him once and for all."

Then I drifted into a much needed sleep.

*******

Hahaha, you're all in suspense aren't you?

MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Good night. =)

xoxo,

amesco