l e o n | c l o s e {last chapter}

h i d d e n f e e l i n g s

t h i r t e e n

l e o n

c l o s e

l a s t c h a p t e r

I could feel his breath on my lips. Our lips almost touched when we heard somebody shout. We jumped apart, and disappointment washed over me at the loss of warmth.

"How are the lights?" Pablo shouts. Diego agitatedly runs a hand through his hair.

"Fine!" Diego yells back angrily.

I hear some giggling and I look behind me, and see -by the seats- Lara laughing with another guy. They kiss and my eyes widen in horror.

"Diego! Look here!" I call, and he comes over hurriedly.

He looks at Lara and a grin spreads across his face. I raised my eyebrow utterly baffled. I thought he would've been angrier. I mean he was telling me how amazing she was, and now the amazing girl is cheating on him.

"Oh right." Diego says in realisation.

"I didn't really think this would come so soon. I didn't really think of a way to explain it. Uh. . ." Diego starts pacing and I stood frozen, still befuddled with the situation.

"Lara and I were never dating," Diego finally says.

"Uh yes you were," I huff.

"Okay yes. But we never liked each other," Diego explains further, only confusing me more.

"Then why did you say you were?" I ask, and a smile graces his lips.

"For you,"

"Huh?" I splutter.

How would dating one of my closest friends - sorry fake dating one of my close friends be for me? To show that I shouldn't trust people? That I should love guys like Diego?

"I'm not getting the reason really," I say and Diego slowly starts to walk closer to me.

"Because I wanted to make you jealous," Diego smirks.

"Well it certainly worked. So I played right into your hands didn't I?" I ask dryly and he nods.

"You left me no choice. I needed to know if you still had feelings for me. You dating Violetta, hurt me," Diego's eyes told me that he was genuinely hurt.

And it hurt. Maybe it was something about loving somebody. But when there were hurt -or even happy- you could feel it too. You felt the same emotions.

And I didn't want him to be pained.

"I'm sorry," I murmur and he takes my face in his hands. I never even noticed that he had come so close.

"I'm sorry. I should've broken up with Violetta immediately. I never really loved her like I thought I did. I loved you. It's always been you," He says, using what I had said the other night.

"I love you too," He starts to lean in again.

But once again we were interrupted. This time by Pablo telling Diego that he had to come down to get changed.

"Fuck. We will finish this!" Diego promises as he hurries down the stairs.

I pressed my hand lightly to my cheek where his hand had been seconds ago. My skin still tingled.

I sigh happily. Diego loved me. He loved me.

He didn't love Lara or Violetta.

Diego Hernandez loved me.

And I loved him back.

~;~

The end of the show came faster than expected. I quickly had to change into my other clothes, and grabbed a red electric guitar.

"Remember Leon. Passion. Energy. Feel the song and the lyrics. This is the ending song. This had to be the most powerful!" Pablo reminds me for the umpteenth time.

"Yeah thanks Pablo," I say trying to cover up my boredom.

I liked that we were singing euphoria. It brought me back to the day when Diego and I first kissed. Diego was upset for some reason. And that song had cheered him up. At least then we weren't interrupted.

Yes, if you didn't notice I was quite angry that our moment was ruined twice. I ached for Diego to kiss me again. His lips were indescribable. Our lips seemed to complete each other.

Like we were made for each other.

Diego and Violetta kiss, and Violetta is whisked away by her friends. I walk on.

"What happened? You look happy?" I ask him and he turns to me. He winks discreetly and I try to not blush.

"We kissed," Diego says happily.

"I feel like she's made for me. I've never met anybody like her. She understands me. She's the one," The way Diego looked into my eyes, I knew that we weren't even talking about the show anymore.

"So, what do you say? A song as a toast to your new relationship?" I ask and he nods.

He grabs the guitar next to him and starts to play. I close my eyes, before opening them and joining him.

"I said that I still believe!" Diego sings, turning around to grin at me.

"I said that I still believe," I beam back at him.

We carried on singing, and we had to remember to turn to the audience as well, even though I hated to take my eyes off of him.

"Can't stop! This is euphoria! Pump it from my head to my heart!" We end together, or gazes locked as we breathed heavily.

The curtains lowered. Pablo walked out and started to give his speech. Diego and I put our guitars down when he grabs me by the wrist and pulls me to a dressing room.

He presses his lips to mine immediately. I moan into the kiss as I kiss him back with equal passion. It was everything I had been longing for. I pulled on his black hair earning a groan. He explored me mouth when we heard a series of gasps.

"Leon? Diego?"

We broke apart and turned to see the group looking at us shocked.

Guess our feelings aren't so hidden anymore.

~FIN~

Read Author's Note That Follows

~Lexy 😈