l e o n | h e l p i n g

H i d d e n F e e l i n g s

t h r e e - p a r t o n e

l e o n

h e l p i n g

I take a stack of papers and walk to the other side of the room. I hear Diego sigh, and I smile slightly. I found it amusing to annoy him. Yeah yeah evil I know. I hear some shuffling, and a stack of papers is placed next to mine. Diego took a chair, and sat next to me, flashing me a smirk.

I breathe out through my nose heavily, and grab the pages, walking away again. After more shuffling Diego is next to me again. We carried on like this a few more times, and there were a few fallen papers on the floor.

"Can I help you?" I ask, slamming my fists on the table.

"Yes, tell me what's wrong," Diego says sternly.

"You're not my mother. I don't need to tell you what's wrong! It's none of your business," I hiss and he smacks his hand on his chest.

"You wound me," He gasps.

"That's awful," I sarcastically retort.

Diego rolls his eyes, and I smirk. I stand up, and walk to the stage. I sit down on the steps and Diego -annoyingly- sits next to me. I sigh loudly, and Diego smirks, leaning back, placing his elbows on the step above.

"Diego. . ." I whine.

"Leon. . ." He mocks. "I will leave you alone as soon as you tell me what's really wrong with you!" Diego yells angry all of a sudden.

Anger issues I forgot.

"I'll go bring you something to punch," I sigh.

I move behind the stage curtains, and grab a plank of wood. They wanted to redo the stage. I go back to him and hold it away from my body. Diego rolls his eyes and tries to reassure me that he was fine.

"Before I get even more angry with you, punch this!" I yell.

He braces himself before punching the plank right in he middle. It splits and I throw both of the pieces to the side.

"Better?" I ask.

I hated myself. I cared too much about him! I couldn't help it. Not only was he my best friend, but he was now my. . .crush. I still found it hard to process. I needed to tell somebody. I would've told Diego, but considering the situation. . .

"Thanks," Diego murmurs and I nod.

"I'm sorry Leon. I'm sorry I got distracted, but it was Violetta. And I love her. And heck, now she's my girlfriend. But I've realized what I've done. Getting her isn't worth losing you. I'll break up with her," Diego breaks the silence.

YES! He will break up with her! He will be single!

But he loves her. She's everything he always wanted. I don't want to be the one who takes that happiness away from him. I guess it's true, when you are in love, they are always more important than yourself.

"You don't have to break up with her," I say in defeat. He whispers screams Yes!

"So we're okay?" He checks and I shake my head.