Chapter 12. Gasoline, Road Flares, and Purple Dust

Need to talk. Just you.

I sent the message to Stiles as Lydia had instructed me to do, but it was making me very uneasy to just leave Scott by himself. If something is happening here and it's making people kill themselves, I don't want him to be alone. When his face popped into my mind when we saw that the number had changed, it felt like a slap in the face. He was in danger, and it was my turn to try and protect him.

Currently I am pacing around this motel room, feeling as if I'm about to throw up. If something happens to him while Stiles leaves him, I'm gonna beat the crap out of Lydia and Allison. They told me that Scott couldn't come, because he was acting weird. Allison had mentioned something about how he just wandered into her bathroom and he was making some very inappropriate comments about her being naked in the shower.

The door was then pushed open and a very confused Stiles walked in with his eyebrows raised, "What's up with your text?"

"Something's wrong. We think that this motel is cursed or something to have people kill themselves." Lydia interjected for me, it's a good thing she did because if I would have opened my mouth and began to speak all of this worry about Scott would come barreling out.

Stiles seemed even more confused than he had been a second ago, "What?"

"Lydia and I were at the office earlier and we saw this little counter thing on the wall so we asked about it and the lady said that it was a number of how many suicides that have been in this motel. When we were there the number was 198, so we came back here to tell Allison about it and then Lydia and I heard a couple shooting themselves in the room next door from the vent, Allison didn't hear it though. So when we went to check out the room we thought we would find their dead bodies, but the room was empty and was being renovated. Allison then wanted to go and find answers from the lady at the desk but she wasn't there, and that's when she noticed that the number wasn't 198 anymore, it was now 201. Three more than it had been before."

Allison sighed, "I think something is up with Scott. He came into the bathroom while I was in the shower a bit ago and he walked in saying all of these weird things. I haven't seen him act like that since the full moon."

"Yeah... he's been acting a bit off with me too. Kasey have you noticed anything?" Stiles asked me as he turned to face me, his hazel eyes wide with concern.

I swallowed dryly and nodded, "Not with Scott, but with Boyd. He literally put his fist through a vending machine earlier without even thinking about it."

"See! It is the motel!" Lydia exclaimed as she whirled around on her heel and jerked a drawer open pulling out a red covered book, "Either we need to get the hell out of here or someone needs to learn how to perform an exorcism before the werewolves try and kill us."

Stiles held his hands up as he glanced at her wearily, "Okay just calm down. What if it's not just the motel. You said the number went up by three, right?"

"You mean like three sacrifices?" I asked slowly, why didn't I think of that? Of course it would freaking go up by three and that happens to be the number of people that have been getting sacrificed lately. This is too weird.

Stiles nodded, "What if this time it's three werewolves."

"That would explain why I saw Scott, Isaac, and Boyd in like a vision type thing when we realized the number was changed..." I mumbled as ran my hand through my hair.

"Maybe we were meant to come here," Stiles said slowly.

Lydia huffed, "Exactly! So can we get the hell out of here now? Please?"

Stiles then reached for the bible in Lydia's hand, "Let me see that." I watched as he flipped it open to a page where several newspaper articles were cut out and stuffed in. My eyes widened when I realized that those were the articles about some of the suicides in this hotel.