Chapter 20: John has gone insane

A/N: okay... Yes, it was a very long time for that last update... I'M SORRRRYYYY!!!! I love you all very much I just forgot about it and then there is that awful thing called *shudder* SCHOOL!!!!! So I got about zero things done... Including school.... because I ended up finishing TFIOS and cried for the last week and then was on Tumblr for like ever.... Sorry.... Well this might be short chapter but it has to do with a photo set I saw on Tumblr (creds to the creator!)  which I hope I can find to link over There ---------------------------------------------------------------->

   John a woke for the third time that night to tend to Hamish's problems, although exauhtion overwhelmed him the want for the child to be happy was stronger. Sherlock moaned at the sound, he himself hadn't gotten up once but John made an effort not to complain. John was doing everything in his power ti be happy, and stop cutting so that Hamish would live a happy life. John walked into the kitchen and started a cup of tea and made some milk for his son before retrieving Hamish. 

     John picked the child up with care and walked down the steps and into the kitchen where the milk sat cooling. He picked it up and gave it to the child, it's crying ceased and soon it drifted back to sleep. John looked at the room which seemed light years away and decided to settle in on the couch with Hamish and maybe watch some crap soaps. He turned the Telly on and turned the volume down to just over a whisper as he covered himself with a duvet that Sherlock had worn instead of clothes the day before. He hummed a tune to him and soon drifted asleep to the child's steady breathing.

    *********NEXT MORN!*************

    When Sherlock awoke he was suprised to see that John wasn't at his side, it slightly worried him thinking of the events of last week, but this was two days  before their wedding John wouldn't do that. Sherlock stripped the sheets from his body and looked around, he didn't feel like wearing clothes so instead he wrapped himself in a sheet and trotted out to see his sleeping angels, John and Hamish. His heart melted, although he didn't understand how to care for the child, nor did he really have a liking for it something about its subtle sleeping form made his heart turn to mush. Sherlock stood for a couple more minutes like this taking in the view of his soon to be husband and son Hamish. His son it shocked him to think he'd ever say those words, children scared him and the thought of having one was out of the question, but now that he had Hamish it was like a new light had spread on the situation and he could see growing old and watching this, child... This thing that he had made grow into something beautiful along side with John Watson, the only person, male or female he had ever loved. 

      John's eyes fluttered open to meet the sight of Sherlock standing over him with a slight smile, "Hello beautiful!" Sherlock said leaning down for a kiss which John graciously accepted. "Hey! you're in a good mood huh?" John said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, "I am now." Sherlock stated moving from the back of the couch to the side where he knelt to talk to John without waking up Hamish. "And how did that change?" John asked slightly sleepily, Sherlock smiled at this thinking of the thought he just shared with himself. "I never thought of getting children, or getting married but look at us now John. I have a beautiful husband-to-be, and a son and I couldn't be happier. I just can't explain how much I love you." Sherlock said happily. John gushed and chewed his upper lip, "Also when you do that it makes me go crazy." Sherlock said leaning in for another kiss, John smiled into the kiss and when they broke he asked, "What do I do that drives you mad?". Sherlock blushed slightly and hummed for a second, "you do this thing when I compliment you where you bite your lip and blush and it's so cute." he answered pushing the fringe from John's face. John tried not to repeat the process of blushing and lip biting but he couldn't help it which only made Sherlock smile even bigger. "Well you do this thing where you try to hide your smile and then you wear that purple shirt of yours." John sighed slightly in thought of Sherlock's  purple shirt. "What purple shirt?" Sherlock asked trying not think of something he wore in such an obnoxious color. "That plum one, most people call it the-." he stopped for a moment and blushed. "the purple shirt of sex..." John's face was flaming red and so was Sherlock's but only slightly, Sherlock gave a devious smile and then trotted to his bedroom.