Chapter 12: Breakfast

A/N: Okay so I'm gonna try to make this a short chapter (I will probably fail). Sorry my space between updates got bigger when school came AND RUINED MY LIFE! Anyways I just went through a break-up to so I'm emotionally challenged so I haven't been writing,well I hope you will enjoy this anyways and I love you all.

      Sherlock returned the smile that John had gave him as he placed the bread in the toaster. John then slid his body on top of the counter so that he was sitting and let his legs dangle off the side of the counter. Sherlock let out a little laugh as he looked at John's even shorter body and legs that barely made it a fourth of the way down towards the ground. John crossed his arms in front of his chest before speaking, "It wasn't that hard Sherlock you just have to remember to take them OUT of the toaster." John said laughing to himself. Sherlock glared at him before moving closer and putting his arms on either side of the shorter man's body, "I know that now." He said his voice sounding low and hoarse. Sherlock coughed a bit and then turned his head letting out a series of coughs. "Are you okay?" John said placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. Sherlock nodded through his coughs and then relaxed, "Yeah I'm fine." He said his voice sounding even more hoarse, he cleared his throat and then moved closer to John placing a soft kiss on his lips. John quickly pushed him off "Oh no Sherlock, you could be contagious and I have a wedding to plan." John said joking, Sherlock frowned at the rejection but then lightened up a bit more. He went in for another kiss only to be met with John's hand being placed playfully on his lips, "Please John I don;t want to be the only miserable one." He said looking up at him with his irresistible puppy eyes. John swallowed about to give in but then turned to tend to the toaster. Sherlock rolled his eyes and wiped the taste of John's hand off his mouth, he had a point though, he didn't have the slightest idea on how to plan a wedding.

     Sherlock took a bite of his toast and grimaced slightly "Mm delicious." He lied trying to make John feel better, he had smothered their toast with so much jam that it slid from each side of the toast with each bite. John frowned, "What's wrong with the toast Sherlock?" he said watching Sherlock place the toast on to the plate and pick up his tea. "Oh nothing dear, just I don't like jam." He said between sips of tea. John opened his mouth slightly at the news and placed a hand on his chest, "Sherlock! I have made you toast nearly every day and not once have you complained about the jam." John said in a mockingly hurt voice. Sherlock smiled a bit, "Yes but now that we are getting married I thought I should tell the truth." He said letting out a laugh. John crinkled his nose, "arse." He murmured to himself. Sherlock looked at him an eyebrow raised and then took the toast in his hand and picked up some of the jam from on top and placed on top of John's nose. John looked at him and closed his eyes then looked at his nose, Sherlock let out a loud chuckle and fell off his chair landing on the ground with a thud.John wiped the jam off his nose and let it sit on his finger tips before flinging it off and allowing it to land with a SCHLOCK on Sherlock's mouth. Sherlock immediately stopped laughing and stood up to face John being careful not to let the jam fall off his face. Sherlock wiped it off of his face and then smeared it onto John's cheek before whispering, "I think I gave this to you." John laughed and kissed Sherlock's cheek before turning to the bathroom to get the jam off his face.

    Sherlock coughed again covering his mouth with his elbow, "John *cough, cough* do we have any cough syrup? *cough, cough*" He called from the kitchen as he took a sip of his now lukewarm tea. "No I'll just take you to Saint Mary's." John called emerging from the bathroom, his face now clean from the jam. He looked at Sherlock and raised an eyebrow, he was shaking like he had the night he proposed. "Sherlock? Are you okay?" John asked looking him up and down. Sherlock gave  nervous smile and nodded, "Of course I am." He said his voice becoming higher with each word. John stepped closer and wrapped his arms around Sherlock's neck, "No you aren't, wait a minute!" He said a light flickering in his eyes, "You're scared of the doctors aren't you?" Sherlock looked down and placed an arm around John's waist, "No of course not don't be silly." He said not meeting his gaze. "alright then let's go." John said removing his arms from his neck and placing them by his sides. "Okay." Sherlock said nervously.

    Sherlock walked down the steps of the apartment slowly taking in as much air as he could, he was going to the place where he had first lost John. He was also going to the same place that his father had died, and his grandmother. He wasn't scared of the doctors, just the things that happened there.

A/N: OKAY There I did it! I made a short chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I hope you enjoy it <3! BTW it literally killed me to write something this short I fell ashamed >_<