Chapter 10: An over planned dinner

A/N: Okay guys so this chapter may be short... I hope not but I'm sorry this has gotten so long and I didn't even notice (that's what she said...sorry) but I hope to write more just this I needed for the next few chapters so it's a big event!

      Sherlock grabbed John's hand as they walked into the restaurant. John looked at Sherlock and smiled but Sherlock didn't return his gaze. John turned away and looked at the ground focusing on the tremor that was in Sherlock's hand,a lump formed in his throat as a thought occured to him. "He isn't looking at me, his hands are shaking, Oh my God Sherlock is going to break up with me, and I thought everything was going fine, was this because of the sex thing? Was he really going to loose Sherlock over this?" He let the thought spread throughout his brain spreading panic, should he just leave now? John felt his own hand start to tremor which automatically caught Sherlock's attention, "I'm not going to  brake up with you."  Sherlock said as if he had read John's mind. John let out the air he was keeping in and squeezed his hand as if to say, "thanks you knew what I was thinking." Without actually saying anything. Sherlock let go of John's hand and ran in front of him to open the door allowing John to go in out of the cold air first. John nodded in gratitude as he walked past Sherlock and into the restaurant. John looked around at the building, it was breathtaking, it's soft yellow lighting catching the glistening chandelier that hung gracefully from the ceiling. "How did you get in here?" John asked still taking it in. Sherlock smiled slightly enjoying the the architecture of the restaurant that nearly caused him to fall off his feet. "Favors." He said quietly.

     A tall slender man (no pun intended) led them to their table before reading off the specials and other unnecessary things. Occasionally he would glance at Sherlock smiling, was he checking him out? John caught on to this quickly so he grabbed Sherlock's hand and laced his fingers into his own. "Wow thanks." John said dismissing the man completely, the waiter understood that John was feeling bombarded so he backed off. Before he left he winked as Sherlock and Sherlock gave him a nervous nod and tried to smile, "what was that?" John asked suspiciously, obviously very Jealous. "Nothing." Sherlock said, leaning over the table and planting a kiss on John's cheek, John smiled trusting Sherlock was telling the truth. John let his eyes fall on the menu in his free hand looking it over aimlessly, it all looked like it was in a different language to John probably because he had his mind on other things he knew that Sherlock was telling the truth but something still felt weird. Maybe there was a case here, maybe he and the waiter were involved in stopping it. Maybe he was nervous, no Sherlock didn't get nervous especially not for cases. "So what are you getting?" John asked Sherlock trying to get an idea of what to get. Sherlock laughed a bit, his hands still trembling "I have no idea." Sherlock said shuffling his weight and placing one leg underneath him.  "Your hands, they're shaking." John said finally speaking up. Sherlock looked at his hand. "Uh yeah sorry, actually just uh let me go to the bathroom sorry." Sherlock said getting up. John looked up at him and nodded in approval.

    Sherlock closed the bathroom door behind him and let out a sigh his hand slipping into his pocket and pulling out the small box that was nearly burning a hole in his pocket. Sherlock looked in the mirror at his reflection and then back down at the box. Sherlock opened it looking down at the ring and smiling. Yes, he Sherlock Holmes was going to propose to the love of his life John Watson. Sherlock looked back into the mirror and rehearsed the same lines he had for nearly a year now. "John Watson I uh- I really love you and I can't even imagine life without you." he said to himself, "Will you marry-" That was the part where Sherlock got choked up and a lump always formed in his throat, he had ever been able to get the last part out, he didn't know if he was scared that John might say know or scared about actually saying it. Commitment scared him, everyone he ever knew left him, his father, his primary school friend. He was always left and he didn't know why so the thought of asking someone to stay with him and put up with him was petrifying. Sherlock stared at his reflection before leaning down and splashing water in his face. "You can do this." Sherlock said before wiping his face with a paper towel and walking out of the bathroom.

    The waiter returned his eyes watching Sherlock carefully, God it was making John jealous. Sherlock quickly took note of this and grabbed John's hand despite the fact that his was shaking violently. John looked at Sherlock and smiled. He was so grateful to have such a wonderful boyfriend, one who knew him so well, loved him, and was willing to wait, it was also a bonus that he was so damn sexy. "John?" Sherlock asked staring at him with a raised an eyebrow and slight smirk. "What?" John replied quickly coming out of his personal "mind palace" as Sherlock would call it. "What are you ordering love?" Sherlock said shifting his weight slightly. John looked down at the menu in his hands skimming it over quickly, "Uh- Fish and Chips sounds fantastic thanks." John said without looking up to the waiter in fear he may just lash out on him. The waiter jotted down some notes and then left the two of them alone in their less than normal awkward silence.

       Halfway through eating Sherlock let go of John's hand to wipe away the sweat that had formed between the two of them in the moments that had passed. John quickly did the same and then kept his hand under the table for a few extra moments before returning it to it's rightful position: intertwined with Sherlock's long bony fingers. Sherlock smiled his hand slowly stopping its shaking.

    After finishing dinner John and Sherlock pushed their plates to the edge of the table and just stared at each other. As if on cue the waiter returned and took the plates at the edge of the table placing them gently on the tray he held in his right hand and then winked t Sherlock. John let out a heavy sigh and crossed his legs under the table, something was defiantly up between Sherlock and that man and John was getting pretty pissed by it. After the waiter left John felt something inside him relax and he let go of the air he was holding in. Sherlock shuffled in his chair and swallowed hard before he stood. He towered far above the sitting John who now had to lift his head up almost all the way to see his partner. This made Sherlock smile as he stepped out of the booth and into the walkway and stood in front of John. John raised an eyebrow as Sherlock put a hand out for John to take, John took it and at that Sherlock knelt in front him. John was staring to catch on and that made his heart race as if was going to explode and fall  out of his chest and land with a splat on the ground by Sherlock's feet. Sherlock dug in his deep pockets and pulled out a small red box and opened it to show John. John gasped before Sherlock spoke, "Ju- John Hamish Watson, you are the love of my life and I- I can't imagine a single day without you. I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry-" Sherlock choked out, both their hearts were racing now and Sherlock was so nervous he couldn't speak at all. John put his hands on either side of Sherlock's face and pulled him into a kiss. Sherlock felt fireworks erupt from somewhere deep inside him as John kissed him passionately. After they broke their kiss they just leaned their foreheads together still out of breath, people around them started clapping and cheering some snapped pictures to send into the news and others sat their mouths gaped open at the public display of affection the two had shown. They had never really told anyone about the relationship, but some people found out, like Mrs. Hudson who walked in on one of their intense cuddling sessions and Detective Inspector Lestrade and the rest of Scotland Yard found out when Sherlock insisted on kissing John after he cracked a case which led to him pushing John against a wall and getting....more personal. We'll just say Molly ran out crying but in the long run it helped Lestrade tell her he loved her. Other than those people no one really knew they just inferred that two bachelors that lived in the same flat were probably romantically involved. After a while of listening to the claps and cheers die out and people return to their food Sherlock looked at John and slipped his arms around John's waist, "Yes?" Sherlock asked John quietly. "Yes." John replied, smiling, as he pulled Sherlock into another kiss.

A/N: So what did you guys think? Sorry it took so long I tried uploading from my phone but it didn't work and ended up I had to redo the whole chapter 3 FREAKING TIMES!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!! Sorry I made everything go so fast I just had to do that for other major parts in the fan fiction. I think this is turning out to be a lot longer then I imagined. It was going to be a one shot :P OH WELL!!!! Anyway I hope you enjoyed this and I'm going to be writing some stony fan fictions soon and some Lestrade/Molly fan fictions soon (I don't know their ship name, is it lestrolly? It makes sense) Anyways I love you all and I also just saw a really cool adventure time cover of I'm just your problem that was like asddfhjkl worthy so I'm going to link it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_EJM1HjxV0  Seriously go check it out even if you hate Adventure time. also subscribe to her :P. no I wsn't asked to promote her I'm just a nice person God wtf happened to our society :P!