Shopping Hollywood Style

Mandy's POV

Well I've never been a great shopper as I never really ever wanted anything, besides there was the tiny matter of money and all mine went into the business.

Now Diane on the other hand looked like the ultimate shopper, as she hailed a cab and we piled in.

She started to quiz me about dresses and designer's.

I think she got the message that I hadn't got a clue what she was on about, as I stared at her with a blank expression on my face the whole time she was talking.

"When was the last time you went shopping and bought a dress" eyeing me with suspicion.

"Um well, I haven't actually been clothes shopping in quite a while" I murmured.

"How long is quite a while"

"Um like forever"

"So you don't go mad and spoil yourself then"

I shook my head no.

"Why ever not"

Now this was becoming more like an interrogation

"Well I don't need anything"

"What not in forever?"

"Well to be honest Diane , any spare cash I get goes back into my business"

"Well then it's your lucky day, now we can shop till we drop, why? Because we have the means" waving Jasper's black credit card about.

"I can't spend his money, I mean it's not right, I don't like him and he doesn't like me" I huffed.

"Amanda he gave me his card, to buy you clothes, look" and she waved the card in my face again.

"See he wants to buy you things, else he wouldn't have given me his card, so stop whinging and get ready to shop, because if I take you back without you buying something then the Bastard will sack me, so think of it as a win, win situation, you get to spend his money, you get to buy nice clothes and you save me from the sack" she said counting the points off on her fingers.

"Okay" I drew out sighing "Where's the nearest TK Maxx"

"Uh, huh" shaking her head " I am his personal shopper and I say where we go and it's not TK Maxx, West Hollywood here we come"

The cab pulled up outside a small elegant shop that screamed, don't come near if you need to ask the price you can't afford anything in here.

Diane pulled me out of the cab and literally shoved me through the door, to be greeted by three salesladies all dolled up and waiting in a semicircle and as I landing right in front of them, I felt like the prey.

"Is this the young lady, Miss...."

"Uh yes and it's Diane I'm Mr Jackson's personal shopper"

"Oh I see" one of the woman nodded her understanding.

"And what can we do for this young lady?"

'Hello' I though 'I'm here you know in the same room' but they carried on regardless.

"She has a very special party to attend tonight with Mr Jackson, so we need to make sure she's spot on, okay"

The women nodded and then pounced, I was dragged off and measured every which way, tutted over, frowned upon, prodded and poked.

If this was clothes shopping in style, then I'm glad I'm normally a TK Maxx girl, at least they don't treat you like a piece of meat.

A woman arrived with some underwear, underwear I use the term loosely, there wasn't enough fabric in the bra and panties to make a handkerchief, but they were shoved at me to put on, what's the point, I might as well go commando it would be a damn sight cheaper and I wouldn't be wearing much less than what I was wearing now.

So after donning the scrap's of cloth given me, I was paraded around and looked at from all angles, it felt as though I was up for sale in a slave auction.

Finally everyone seemed to agree, except me but then it seemed my opinion counted for nothing.

Next dresses were bought in and hung on a rail and I was instructed to try them on one at a time and then to parade around for all to see.

This went on for what seemed like hours, until eventually everybody agreed on the red dress that had as much fabric in it as my underwear, talk about plunging neckline, this dress plunged everywhere, I would be displaying more flesh than I was hiding.

"That's it, that the one" Diane signalled, I looked in the full length mirror and frightened myself to death, no way on this planet was I going to wear anything this revealing, we were going to a celebration dinner for me not getting sued, not a swanky Hollywood party.

"I'm not wearing this" I growled, as I started tugging it off over my head.

"Woah, what are you doing" yelled one of the salesladies.

" I am not wearing this, it's to revealing, I'm just going to a private diner just the two of us, I'm not trying to seduce him, just a dinner okay"

"Alright but let me help, that's a $30,000 dress"

"What!" I shouted letting go of the dress as though it was carrying a deadly disease.

"That's a $30,000 dress you are wearing"

"Get it off, get it off now" I was panicking, no way was I wearing a dress worth that much to one dinner.

"It's alright" soothed Diane "Calm down" she signalled the salesladies and they removed the dress, while I was frozen to the spot.

When it was off, I sighed a great sigh of relief.

"Haven't you got something not so revealing and a whole lot cheaper" I asked.

Diane stood in front of me and turned her back to me and spoke to the salesladies.

"Yes something about $500"

The ladies nodded their agreement and split up, heading over to different racks.

I began to calm down, $500 still seemed an awful lot of money to me, but much better than the previous amount.

They brought some more dresses over and as I tried them on, they covered a lot more of my body and that made me much happier and at last I began to enjoy my Hollywood shopping experience.

Eventually l found a dress we all agreed on, a nice black dress that was not to revealing and I loved it.

Then the ladies started to bring out accessories and I had more fun trying them out, so much so I began to pose and that made them laugh, the more they laughed the more outrageously I posed, so the more they laughed.

At last I found all the accessories I would need to complete my outfit and when I looked in the mirror, I felt like a million dollars, I didn't realise that a dress could look this good on me.

I would have to reconsider my choice of clothing from now on, perhaps jeans were not the be all and end all of clothing, maybe there were some dresses out there for me that didn't cost a fortune.

I thanked the ladies who had turned my shopping trip from a disaster into a fun experience, one I would like to recreate when I got home.

Diane and I left the store and headed back to the hotel.

When we got back, Diane said she had some errands to run and would return Jasper's card later.

I thanked Diane and headed to the hotel entrance so I could go up to my room and prepare for my celebration dinner.

I was feeling good and couldn't wait to show Jasper my dress and to thank him.