Reinforcements Needed

Rosie's POV

As I put the phone down that I had answered as I was passing to get ready for the tea rush.

I puzzled over the strange conversation I just had with a woman calling about Jasper and Mandy.

She told me that she knew Mandy and that her name was Diane , but not to tell Mandy any of this and I was to get her to watch the world news that evening and to make sure she watched it all the way through and that I would know what it was all about as soon as it came on.

'Wow!' I thought 'I need some help with this'

So I went looking for Bella.

-------------------------------------------

Mandy's POV

I made my way in through the back door loaded down with carrier bags having been to the local cash and carry for urgently needed supplies, I could hear whispering coming from the kitchen that ceased as soon as Bonnie announced my presence.

Heading into the kitchen, I couldn't help but get the feeling I had missed out on something as Bella and Rosie were acting as though they were hiding a guilty secret.

"Okay you guys what's going on" dumping the bags on the worktop and placing my hands on my hips, giving them a questioning look.

"Nothing, we were just discussing what to do this evening, we thought we might pinch your super duper TV and watch a film or DVD, I'll make some popcorn and we'll open a bottle of wine, have a real girly night in" Rosie stated.

Immediately my suspicions evaporated.

"That sounds great, what are we watching, not the notebook again, something different"

"Who said your invited" replied Bella

"It's my TV and my lounge and my popcorn, need I say more"

"Well I suppose we could let you just this once" then we are started laughing and planning our evenings entertainment"

----------------------------------------

Jasper's POV

As Melanie and I made our way through the crowd of reporters gathered outside the conference room, we would be using for the interview, I sensed Melanie getting a little anxious.

What she was about to do was a big step for her, the rest of the world wouldn't see it that way, but to Melanie it was a very, very big issue and for her to do this, took a lot of guts on her part.

"You okay with this?" I whispered as we passed through the main doors.

She nodded her head.

"I mean" I continued "Don't feel you have to do it for me"

She turned and faced me making me stop.

"I am doing this for you, I am also doing it for Mandy, but most of all I'm doing it for me, it's time I faced up to it and take the concequences if there are any"

Then she turned back and carried on walking and I trailed after her.

We settled in, went through the usual, what was off limits, how the questions were to flow extcetra.

Then it was time and the room quietened down as we were counted in, then given the signal Melanie took a deep breath squeezed my hand and started to tell her story.

--------------------------------------

Mandy's POV

We had decided to watch Pretty Woman because we all liked soppy romantic endings and after a couple of bottles of wine and popcorn and the climb up the fire escape, in the film that is, plus a few sniffles, I was ready for bed.

"Well ladies, it's been a great evenings entertainment, but I need my beauty sleep, so leave the tidying up till the morning"

"You can't go yet" Rosie yawned. " It's to early for bed"

"Yer, at least watch the news" said Bella.

"Hey that's a good idea, let's watch the news together"
Agreed Rosie.

"We never watch the news" I laughed.

"Well perhaps we should start, you know keep up on events in the world" enthused Rosie

"Yer" agreed Bella.

"Well you two can sit and become knowledgeable in the ways of the world, but I need my bed" and I started to make my way to the door.

"No" they both shouted in unison, grabbing me and spinning me round, before forcing me down on the sofa.

"It won't be as much fun without you" whined Bella.

I had to laugh "Since when has the news been fun"

"Please" they both begged.

"Alright, I give in, I'll watch the news with you, just to get some peace, sheesh"

So we sat and watched the news together on the sofa, Bella one side of me and Rosie the other, both looking a little bit nervous.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked looking from one to the other.

"Shush, it's coming to the exciting bit"

Well I've never known the news to get exciting, but I stayed so as not to start an argument.

"Now for the entertainment news" said the news lady.

"Melanie Matthews today called a news conference..."

'That bitch' I thought and made to get up, I only got two inches off the sofa before I was forcibly restrained by my so called best friends.

"Sit still" commanded Rosie, as they both held onto my arms, so I sat and listened.

"... so what I want to say is there has been a lot of speculation about Jasper and me, about being lover's and that..."

I tried again in vain to get up.

"....but I just want the world to know that, Jasper and I are just good friends and have been for a number of years.
The rumours of being lover's is quite untrue, sure Jasper is a handsome man, but he just doesn't float my boat"

She turned to face him and there he was sat next to her
Holding her hand, she smiled at him and said

"Sorry Jasper" and he gave a small laugh.

"But you see" she carried on "Jasper's not my type, for a start off he's the wrong sex and I have a partner Hannah and we've been lovers for years"

Then she stared directly into the camera and unblinkingly said.

"So you see Amanda nothing happened between us in that hotel room, I was there because he has no idea how to dress for a date and I was helping him choose his attire for that evening, he only has eye's for one girl" then she pointed directly at the camera.

"You!"

As for Bella, Rosie and me we sat frozen in time, mouths wide open, staring at the screen, until Rosie broke the silence.

"Holy shit" then she and Bella both turned and stared at me, as if I had grown another head.

"He's fallen for you" finished Rosie.

"No he hasn't it's just a stunt" I countered.

"You don't go on TV and tell the world that for a stunt" argued Bella.

"Well it doesn't alter anything, as far as I'm concerned, he's still a jerk and liar and besides I haven't fallen for him, now can I please go to bed I'm tired"

And with that I jerked my arms free stood up, called Bonnie to go in the garden, bid the girls good night and left the room.