What Is It With This Guy?

Mandy's POV

Saturday morning came round all to soon, I was in such a state, panicking as I didn't know what to pack, angry because I hadn't seen or heard from Mr Jerkson, so I didn't have any idea when he was picking me up this morning, worried over leaving my beloved B and B and crying because I had to leave Bonnie.

So as you can see my emotions were having a field day, When Rosie and Bella sauntered in, I was practically suicidal, I had an empty suitcase on the bed, clothes thrown all over the room, I was still in my dressing gown and looked like I had been dragged though a hedge backwards.

Rosie and Bella took one look and shoved me in the bathroom with strict instructions not to come out until I appeared half human.

Half an hour later, having showered and dried, I emerged from the bathroom a new woman, well clean and calmer at least.

"That's better" A smiling Bella said looking at me with her hand's on her hips.

"Now let's get you some clothes while Rosie sorts our the Breakfast and" she added before I could say anything "Rosie and I will be taking the mighty Bonz for a w-a-l-k" she spelt it out,so as not to get Bonnie excited.

I felt my stomach drop, I loved my walks with Bonnie and here I am going to miss them for the next three days, I could feel myself tear up, before Bella pulled me in for a hug.

"Hey come on none of that, it's only three days and you'll be back, it will go ever so quick and you know we will look after things and spoil the Bonz, she wouldn't even miss you"

I pulled Bella in to a deeper hug, just as Rosie entered, dumping the food on the coffee table, she dived into the hug as well.

"Don't forget me in this bonding session"

I smiled Bella was right three days will fly by and I will be back home and then it will all be in the past.

" Okay girls" finding a new spring in my step "breakfast waits for no one"

And we all grabbed a plate of fried heart attack food and ate and chatted,

After the washing up and clearing away was done, I decided, I wanted to walk Bonnie once more, Bella and Rosie thought I was being a bit dramatic, but didn't argue, they knew the bond that I had with my dog, so they decided they would tag along as well.

We laughed, joked, teased and threw sticks for Bonnie, it felt great, the sun was breaking through the clouds, the ground mist was clearing, the park was empty apart from us and the noises of the wildlife.

I could never leave here, never leave my friend's the B and B, Woodstock, this was my home my life, Bonnie and I belonged here as much as the palace and the Grand Bridge, no where else could hold a candle to Here, no where.

I couldn't wait to get this weekend over with, as I looked at my friend's chasing Bonnie around laughing and squealing and Bonnie tail wagging leaping and charging around, barking, I knew this was what I wanted my life to be.

As we arrived back in high spirits, mine were dashed in a single moment as soon as my eyes fell on the chauffeur and the Rolls Royce sat outside my tea shop.

I went inside to find Jasper aat at a table sipping his coffee, as the waitress's stood a small distance away ogling him.

When he saw me standing there, his mouth set in a firm line, yep he was angry over something as usual.

"Why aren't you dressed" he growled.

"I am dressed look, see" as I did a small twirl in front of him.

"You're wearing jeans and a t shirt"

"See you are observant when you want to be"

" I cannot be seen with you dressed like that"

" Good, because I don't want to be seen with you anyway, you can walk a mile in front and I'll walk a mile behind, see problem solved"

He snarled, I kid you not, almost like an angry lion.

"You better go and dress up or we'll be late"

"Look, Mr Jerkson, I am not doing this to be seen with you, I'm doing this to get your lawyer off my back and as he's over there and I'm over here, then I don't see there's a problem how I'm dressed and if anyone asks I'll tell them we are not together okay"

I must admit I had every intention of changing after walking Bonnie, but Mr Jerkson soon put a stop to that with his arrogance.

I went up and grabbed my suitcase the girls had packed for me and wheeled it down the hallway to the reception area that lead outside and to the tea room.

My heart was feeling heavy, I didn't want to go, I wanted to stay at home, but I had no choice.

As I headed into the tea room Rosie came by with Bonnie still with her harness on, I knelt down and slipped her harness off, whilst I whispered how much I was going to miss her and that Rosie and Bella were going to spoil her, but it didn't stop the tears as I hugged her.

Jasper came over and huffed.

"Come on it's only a dog, let's go else we'll be late""

I glared at him, how dare he! I hugged Rosie goodbye then Bella, and then Bonnie again, reassuring her, but more myself that I would return Monday as soon as I could.

I grabbed my suitcase before Jerkson could and headed out the door, he chased after me and tried to wrestle the case out of my hand.

"Do you always act like this" he moaned.

"Nope, only when your around" I smiled at him and handed my case to the chauffeur, then quickly pulled the car door open and dived in.

Jasper huffed and climbed in after me.

"Is it going to be like this all weekend" Jasper asked as he tried to intimidate me by staring at me unblinking.

'Two can play at this' I thought as I stared back at him.

"I don't know, you tell me" I countered.

He sighed.

"Look I'm just trying to help you that's all, you know not get sued"

"And I'm grateful for that, so why the, get dressed up thing, to be seen with you, why the dinner in London in an expensive restaurant, we could have met him in earlier in the day before he got called away"

I saw something flash over his face, just for a second, then it was gone.

"I was trying to put you at ease"

"Well it didn't"

"Look Mandy" as he sat forward towards me.

"No you look, I just want to get this over and done with as quick as possible, so I can get back to my life, it may not be flashy or interesting, or up to your standards or Hollywood standards even, but it's what I am, me a struggling business woman"

I sighed a deep long sigh,

"I appreciate what you are doing for me, I really do, but I'm not a high flyer, I don't dress up and party, I don't mix with movie stars, so if your worried about me having a negative impact on your social standing, then let's stay as far away from each other as we can"

Wow that was a lot of big words for me, mum would have been proud of me.

"No deal" he snapped and sat back.

'Gee what's the deal with this guy, I give him a way out and he throws it in my face'

"Besides you couldn't be more wrong on my social standing with you around" he muttered.