Where's My Mandy

Jasper's POV

I was definitely not in the mood for this red carpet event, Melinda had agreed to be my date for the evening and a few quick phone calls and I had the dress and everything ready for her.

"What happened to what's her name, I thought you were taking her"

"She had to leave, something important came up" I growled.

"Uh huh" she said clearly not believing a word I said.

The event passed quickly, though not quick enough for me, I needed to get to England damn quick.

I plastered on fake smiles for the press and answered the questions directed at me and dismissed their claims that Melinda and I were an item, the inevitable questions about Melinda and I always made me smile if only they knew.

Once the premiere was over and the after party dwindled, Melinda and I left, dropping her off at her apartment with a quick kiss on the cheek and a thank you. I headed to my office and penthouse.

Now I could go to England and sort out Miss Clayton once and for all and straighten a few thinks out.

I packed and jumped into my limo, arriving at the airport, I skipped the usual checks and headed to my private jet, within thirty minutes we were airborne.

Now to get what was mine, Miss Amanda Clayton!

------------------------------------------

Mandy's POV

I arrived back at my beloved home, tired and exhausted, paying the taxi driver and entering my B and B, I couldn't help the small smile that spread over my face, although I felt broken inside, but now I was home, no more Hollywood no more Mr Jerkson, though that thought made something inside me feel a little sad.

The moment I entered the reception, I was set upon by Bella, Rosie and Bonnie who leapt up and down till I dropped everything and picked her up, where she kissed my tears away, home at last.

I was treated like a queen as Bella ushered me to a seat in the lounge and Rosie rushed and make me a cup of tea. When all was done the girls sat opposite me on the sofa and waited expectantly for the whole story.

Placing my tea on the coffee table and settling Bonnie on my lap, I started to relay the last few days events, when I finished there was silence for a minute or two as what I had divulged sank in.

"Bastard" Bella snarled "What was his game, to make you upset"

"It's a bit elaborate just to get you into his bed"

"Perhaps he knew you would say no where you felt safe at home, but in America on his own turf he would have the upper hand"

"It's still a lot for a one night stand"

And so the banter went on late into the night, getting more ludicrous the more we discussed it.

"I know he's madly in love with you and want to sweep you off your feet and marry you" blurted out Bella in fits of laughter.

"Yer, and he's going to give everything up and live with you in the B and B " added Rosie.

We were now in fits of laughter, though after these remarks I had a funny feeling in my stomach, that I can't describe.

After a few more wild comments we called it a night.

Making my way up the familiar hallway to my familiar annex, I felt at peace and I decided to put the experience of Mr Jackson behind me.

Though I still couldn't fathom out his motives for doing what he did to me.

------------------------------------------

Jasper's POV

As we landed at Heathrow, I realised I wouldn't be able to sort things out with Mandy till the morning, so I opted to stay in London tonight in a small apartment I had just off Hyde Park, so I would be fresh for the battle tomorrow, because I was sure there would be fireworks when we meet again.

------------------------------------------

Mandy's POV

I had a wonderful nights sleep and woke refreshed and ready to get my life back on track, it was great to be in my own home my own bed, with my best friend's and of course my Bonnie.

After a cuddle with Bonz and a shower, I was ready to face the world.

"Come on Bonz, let's go walkies, I've missed them so much, let's go"

We set off towards the park and I had a spring in my step, this was my life, this is what I loved, though a certain arrogant bastard still plagued my mind, damn him.

We walked our usual route, stopping to throw some stale bread to the ducks and a quick chat with some other dog walkers, then we were alone making our way up to the monument.

"This is the life Bonnie" I said doing a little twirl.

As I looked down to Bonnie , I could see her looking straight ahead and her tail wagging furiously as she pulled on her lead, I looked up.

Oh shit! What the hell was he doing here.

There came Mr Jasper Jackson strolling towards me.

Damn him, why can't he just leave me alone.

"I knew I would find you here" he smirked.

Good start I thought.

"What do you want" I groaned

"I came to see you and find out why you stood me up"

Of all the nerve of the guy, demanding answers from me, when he had used me.

"Do you want the short or long version?"

"The truthful one"

"Okay the long one it is then, now I'm not sure if it was the lies, the deceit or both, or perhaps it was the insults, or all three, it could be the nice chat I had with your lawyer.
Strange he didn't know about suing me, or it could be, after you hightailed it back to the hotel for an afternoon of fun with Melanie, then the expectation that I would follow suit in the evening, oh and of course our little celebration dinner for two, was in fact a red carpet affair for hundreds, why don't you take your pick"

I stared at him, but he didn't say anything.

"Well?" I yelled. " Which is it damn you"

" Well what about your boyfriend at the airport, it didn't take long to replace me" he yelled back.

"What the hell! You palmed me off with your personal shopper under the pretence of being needed at work, but it was so you could screw an actress while I was out the way and you are judging me.
Plus I wasn't replacing you! as there was never a you and me in the first place and for your information me and Colby had a really good time"

He looked at me long and hard before whispering.

"Goodbye Mandy, I'm truely sorry for what I have done"

With that he turned and walked away, leaving me to cry in frustration.

Damn him, damn him why does he keep appearing in my life, why can't he leave me alone, why does he affect me so much, damn him to hell!