Just Another Day

Mandy's POV

As the week rolled on, the town became increasingly busier, not that I was complaining as we had more guests filling up the Blenheim View.

I continued my daily routine, walking Bonnie, helping Rosie in the kitchen, washing up, cleaning, all the jobs associated with running a B and B and Tea shop.

By the weekend I was shattered as was the norm, we had gone to the Crown on Friday night, but the place was full of, I guess film people, so the usual intimate atmosphere wasn't there, disappointed we went home early.

Saturday morning as I arrived back after my morning walk with the Bonz, there was a lot of excitement amongst the staff, apparently today was the day Brent Simons the movie star was coming to Woodstock.

"I wonder if he'll come in for tea" squealed Mollie a part time waitress in the tea shop, who was a university student in nearby Oxford and was working for extra tuition cash.

"I hope so, I want to get his autograph" Tina one of my weekend staff squealed back.

I turned to Rosie.

"How long are they here for" I quizzed.

"Umm, about 3 months I think" came the answer.

"Well they seem to have boosted our business, we are nearly half full and at this time of year that's good" I beamed, as I made my way to the small room that served as my office, to do a bit of book keeping.

I closed the door as I worked better in peace and quiet and fired up my laptop, to say book keeping wasn't my passion was an understatement, I hated it with a passion.

I sighed and sat down to check my emails, there were a few advanced booking for the summer, an email from Mr T Foster from Newbury stables, this bought a smile to my face as he was one of my regular customers.

Mr T Foster booked the whole B and B for a week in September for the horse trials, that bought in a much needed cash boost to see me through the winter months,where we almost had to shut up shop.

After booking the week for him, I sent a confirmation email, knowing he would mail me his card details for a deposit.

Though I had argued with him that he didn't need to as he was a trusted customer and he always retorted I would never make a good business woman if I didn't take the cash when it was offered.

I kept the grin on my face as I scrolled down the remaining email's then one caught my eye, marked urgent from JJF studio's.

I open it to find a request to book all my free rooms for the next three months with an option to extend if required and if any rooms became vacant during that three months they would fill them.

"Wow" I thought "This is good" I looked through the bookings for the next three months filling in JJF Studio's in every empty day, when this was done I added the cost up on my trusty calculator and gazed at the amount.

"Wow!" I repeated.

I quickly composed a mail laying out the costs and services offered, plus a 10% discount for prompt payment and I sent the mail on its way, with my fingers crossed.

As I got up to get a cup of tea, my mail dinged, I leant over and looked a reply already from JJF asking for bank transfer details as they wanted to pay all now.

Again with the 'Wow' I couldn't believe it early spring was early season and you don't see many guests then, the news of Hollywood coming to town had boosted the booking a bit, but this took the prize.

I mailed the details and decided I need to share this good news with my team, so I practically skipped out to the community lounge and called my team together.

"Okay guys" I tried to remain calm " Just to let you know, I will need you all for as many hours as you can give me for the next three months"

There were gasps of excitement, it meant they would get more work hours and more wages.

"How come" Rosie always the down to Earth practical one.

"Well" I stretched the word out "It appears JJF Studio's want to book all available space for at least the next three months"

The room echoed to loud cheers, as my words sank in.
I accepted the hugs from everyone, with a big smile plastered on my face, it meant I could at last afford to get someone to look at the temperamental heating and the washing machine.

Jess hugged me and in an excited loud voice exclaimed.

"This calls for a celebration tonight, how about we head in to Oxford to Lola Lo's"

Normally I wouldn't go to a nightclub as I was not a party animal, The Crown's sing along was my usual night out adventure, but hey this was great news and well a girls gotta let her hair down now and again.

It was a shame but obviously the night staff couldn't make it and a few others had small children and husband's at home, plus a few had plans already, so in the end six of us agreed to meet up and bus into Oxford.

"Oh god, what a night, never again" I spluttered staggering into my small annex, after settling the taxi fare, Bonnie lifted her head out the basket and gave me a disgusted look before ignoring me in favour of sleep.

I glanced at the kitchen clock as I grabbed a glass of water and some aspirin for the morning, two thirty, I hadn't been up this late in years and I certainly hadn't drunk the amount I had tonight ever!

It had been a good night we, laughed and danced and drank, we all got hit on by guy's thinking, drunk girls easy prey, but we rebuffed there advances and stuck together in our group, okay we did have some one on one time with guys dancing, but strictly hands off.

After apologising to Bonnie for disturbing her, I threw my clothes in the corner, grabbed my night attire, a quick visit to the bathroom and straight into bed, I let out a happy sigh, perhaps things were looking up, I smiled and drifted of to sleep.

In the morning as I prised my eyes open to greet the new day, I quickly snapped them shut again and groaned. I groped around for my water and pills and after nearly tipping the lot on the floor, managed to get to down my throat.

I could here Bonnie whimpering to be let out to do her constitutional.

I crawled out of bed, swearing I would never go out with Jess ever again, or take her on in a shots drinking competition.

When the room settled down and stopped spinning, I felt my way across towards the back door in the kitchen, like a blind person as opening my eyes was a painful experience.

Bonnie shot out and greeted the new day by spinning around and yapping to anyone who cared to listen, but that didn't include me, after telling her to be quiet because of the neighbours, which she completely ignored, I shut the door and put the kettle on, tea good old strong breakfast tea, I scrambled about in the cupboards and found some cereals lurking at the back, nope couldn't face them, my hand then landed on some slightly stale bread.

'Great, tea and toast' I thought 'do me' after filling Bonnie's dish with some dog meat for when she decided to come in.

I sat at my car boot sale formica covered kitchen table on my one and only rickety chair and indulged in my breakfast fit for a hangover.

Once my stomach had as much as it could cope with and bonnie had polished off her breakfast and the remainder of mine, it was back to routine.

I grabbed Bonnie's lead and harness, now you try fitting that on a ballistic dog that's whizzing around at the same speed as your head when you bend down, but eventually I did it, slipping out the back door and Blenheim Park here we come.