Chapter Forty-Two

A.N: This was written a very long time ago so excuse any misspellings and wrong plot lines. I'm not going back to watch the show. I'll go back and format it correctly & edit them once the entire book is published. This has been done for awhile now. I haven't visited Hayley's story in awhile so I forgot I even posted the story on here. My bad. I'll get the rest of the chapters up before the end of the year. 

The Five

Hayley pov-

I got out of Damons' car and looked around. College. Wow, I don't even know if I'll stay here for this college and go back to Portland. Mystic Falls is a supernatural chaos waiting to blow up in all our faces. We go to this guy's class and I smirk. "Is that him?" I ask sitting beside Bonnie and my sister. "Yeah." "He's kind of..." Elena starts. "Hot?" Bonnie finish and I shrug. He's not that bad of a looker. We look at each other when he brings up witches. "...from ghost to vampires to the holders to doppelgangers." 'What the hell is a holder?' "What is this guy, Witchipedia?" Elena and I chuckle as Bonnie shush us and tells us to shut up. "Now, if you're a skeptic, you'd call that a coincidence. But if you're a true believer well you know there really is no such thing. It scares the crap out of us." "What if I'm a ripper?" I roll my eyes. Elena you cant be a ripper you fed before and didn't kill Matt. I listen as Damon talks to Elena which was to show her which ones to feed on. "Am I interrupting you guys? Or is it maybe the other way around?" "Sorry," Elena says sitting upright as me and Bonnie look to each other than at them. Agh. "No, I was just saying how much I love witches." "Yeah. You and me both, brother. Alright listen, we should probably talk about the readings none of you did."

Klaus pov- (ah the fifty pun)

I walk over to the doors and open it walking in. I stop knowing Stefan was there. "Looks like I'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." "I was gonna take him but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain. (Oh there you are you sexy beast you.)" "It's from the Inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch." "What'd you get out of him?" "Not enough. He's not talking about the Council Fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?" "Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you figured out, our friend here cant be compelled." I smirk to Connor. "You're full of mysteries, aren't you?" "I told you. I don't know anything." "Thankfully, I know plenty." I walk out and motion Stefan to leave the room. He does so I close the door and I figured I could use him to get to Rebekah. "So, what's with the home invasion?" "Damon said you knew about this guy. I should've figured you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything." 'Well, I did that so Hayley wouldn't try to kill me if I killed her sister. Again.' "I was feeling benevolent." "You're never benevolent. Who is this guy? What's The Five?" "So many questions." "It's a good thing I have nothing to do today except get answers out of you." He says sitting down. I sigh inward knowing damn well he couldn't watch Hayley. She left to go look at some college which I wasn't so happy about. "Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate. The Brotherhood of The Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the 12th Century, Italy. My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the south feeding, turning people as we went. But with the bloodshed came exposure." I told him sitting down bored. "So these hunters have been around for 900 years?" "Apparently. Through our friend in the other room is the first I've seen since then. Kinda makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years." "And Rebekah had a thing with one of them?" "Oh, she didn't just have a thing. She fell in love with him. He told her all his secrets which I will gladly share with you provided you do one thing for me." "And what's that Klaus?" "Get Rebekah over here. She's being stubborn and hateful. I ...I need to make peace with her. I want her to give me some very important information about the hunter...which she won't do unless she believes we've made up." I told him standing around the last part. Stefan stands up walking to me. "And what's in it for me?" "Just get her here and I'll tell you. Oh, and Stefan...trust me when I say this: That hunter in there holds the answer to all your prayers."