Chapter Twenty

I woke up that morning that I dreaded. I slowly got out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I took a shower trying to wake myself up but nothing worked. I felt like complete shit. I knew this feeling all too well. Not only did it happen once it happened twice before this. I shut myself off and just seem to become numb. I got out blow drying my hair. I quickly got dress before back tracking to look at the tattoos that showed up after Klaus became a hybrid. It was similar to my crescent moon. That just got more noticeable like a tattoo but it wasn't. I grabbed my dresses shrug putting it on. I looked to my guitar and slipped it into it's casing before getting my makeup and hair done for the funeral. Elena walks in my room as I put my vervain bracelet on. "Ready?" I look at her before standing and walking past her my heels now on. "Hayley!" I turn around glaring at her. "That should had been Stefan Elena. Not Jenna." Her eyes moist and I turned away walking past my shocked brother.

I placed the rose onto Jenna and John grave staying by Jenna's longer before moving back and taking my guitar from Caroline. We stayed a little longer well they did. I waited more before sitting on my parents grave leaning against the headstone. Even though we weren't close I knew they loved me. I missed them. I miss all of them. I stood up not realizing that it was five. I had got a text from Bonnie to see how I was. I told her I was fine before leaving. I go home sneaking inside but what really was the point. No one could punish me anymore. I went to my room locking the door and dig through my things from Portland. I finally found the bottle and a bottle of pills I use to take. I smirked and opened at taking one out. I open the vodka bottle and throw the pill into my mouth before drinking from the bottle. I swallowed and lean against my bed. I sighed in relief at the calming feeling I had right now. I closed my eyes before placing the bottle down beside me. Like that I was dancing around my room and drinking before passing out on my bed.

Elijah pov-

It's been nearly two days and he just turned back. I tossed the clothes down as he opened his eyes. "You'd been busy." I told him as he started getting up. "That was amazing." He stood up as I watched him in silence and annoyance. I want my family back. "How long has it been?" "Almost two days. The full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." "I can change at will then." He says thankful putting on pants. "It's good to know. I remember every single kill." "Yes I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way." "Just like old times brother." I walked over to him talking giving him his shoes. "You had your fun brother I believe we have a bargain." "That's right! Now what was it again?" I gave him a look clearly tell him I'm not amused. I went against my promise and I dont like that. "OH yes I remember thats it." I grabbed his shirt wiping it off. "You wish to be reunited with our family." "You gave me your word Niklaus." "What kind of brother would break his bond. Even though he did try to kill me." 'After the times you dagger our family I wouldn't hold you against the bond breaking. That was all you.' I told him off in my head not wishing to upset him. "I could had. But I didn't." I told him holding the jacket out to him. He puts it on fixing it for himself. "Now no one can. Not even you." He turns to look at me. "Relax Elijah. All if forgiven." "Where are they?" He pats my shoulder smirking. "You need to lighten up. I'll bring them to you soon enough."

Hayley pov- (During the night time)

I walked to Jenna grave placing the flowers down. I didn't like not having her here. It was upsetting. Very upsetting. I heard footsteps approaching and looked back. Klaus stood there and walked over to me. "Sorry for your losses sweetheart." "The losses you created." I growled out. He probably thinks the second one is Elena. John and Jenna tombstones weren't done yet. "Don't be so harsh on me love. I am leaving town." I look to him as he looks to me. "Good. Better peace for me." He grabs my hand as I try leaving. I glare at him and he smirks. "You shouldn't be so mean sweetheart." "And why shouldn't I?" "Because you're coming with me." I pull my hand away and slapping him. He looks surprised and anger flares inside of me. "You may see me as some weak little bitch who follows your every order Klaus." I step to him tilting my head moving up to his ear. "But I'm not. I am myself. I am me. And I sure as hell dont want to be around you. I would rather die then have that happen." I told him and shoved him away walking off. He was suddenly in front of me and I stop. "I'll let you go Hayley. But dont think I wont come back for you." "Oh please. Don't. Ever." I tell him shoving past him. He grabs my hand and I turn around. My breath hitches as his lips brush mine. "We'll see." Then he was gone.I stood there frozen before touching my lips. What the hell!? I turn and make the walk home trying to think about what ever the hell that was. I pass Jeremy on the way up and tell him a 'night.' He repeats it quickly but I just go in my room. I close the door opening my window and sitting in front of it. I take out the pack of Newport I brought and took one out. I found a lighter and felt the wind blow in but just for a second. "Fuck it."