Chapter Fifteen

After Elijah came back from spending an afternoon with my aunt he took me home. "How was it?" I look at him confused. "What do you mean?" "A day without vampires or any of this." "Well it's half a day and I'm current Jenna will drag me into this." He looks like he was waiting as he parked the car. "It was nice. Elijah thank you. Really the most normal and happy Ive felt in awhile." He smiles and nods. "Go on. I dropped your things off earlier and I hope you didn't mind I looked at that sketch book. Who was he?" I grab the door shrugging. "Some guy. Dreams I guess." "Dreams huh?" I give him a confused look now with the way he said that. "Um yeah... well bye Elijah and thanks again." I get out going into the house. I stop and wave him bye before going inside. Jenna walks out of the kitchen and smiles at me. "Hurry and get dressed. We are going to the Salvatore later for a dinner party. Be cute at least." I giggle and nod heading upstairs but stop when she calls for me again. "Yes Jenna?" "Where were you last night? Damon said he never saw you come in or leave." "Oh I stayed with Luka. He's one of my friends." She smirks and I roll my eyes. "Not like that Jenna." "Move on sometime dear." "With mystery hot guy Jenna." I say rolling my eyes because that wasn't going to happen. "Exactly!!" She yells up and I laugh. I soon get dress as the sun sets seeing as it wasn't going to happen till nightfall. "Oh who are you getting all dolled up for?" I roll my eyes and she smiles at me. "No one Jenna." "Elijah?" I rolled my eyes again and we left. I was cooking dinner since Jenna would ruin it. The bell rings and I walk out behind Jenna to get it. "Who invited him?" I asked frowning. Damon walks in not so happy with him. "John. Surprise. Leave." "Well when Jenna told me her and Hayley were coming to a dinner party for Elijah I figured I couldn't miss all the fun." I leave the room with Jenna heading back toward the kitchen. We soon all eat and John was beside me to my greatest dislike. I was annoyed the whole time. "Sorry to break it to you Damon but your family is so not the founders of this town." Jenna says and I smirk. "Um. Do tell." Damon says. "Ah well I mention to Jenna earlier a function of people came down from Salem in the witch trails in the 1690s. Over a hundred years they developed this community where they can feel safe." "Mhm because they were witches." I look to Elijah then at Jenna. "Oh there was no proof there was witches in Salem." Annie says. "Annie a journalist. Big on facts." Elijah was so kin on getting everything settled or to annoy the others. "It started to sound like a little ghost story to me." "Oh shut it John." I mumbled and Elijah smirks toward me clearly hearing it. "So why do you want to know the agile massacres of these witch trails?" Damon asks and I looked toward Elijah. Of course I knew about the sacrifice and how my sister had to die before he could kill Klaus. "Call it healthy historians curiosity, of course." We soon finish eating and all stand as Damon offers drinks. "The gentlemen should take their drinks in the study." "I'd have to say the food was as wonderful as the company." "I like you." I smile toward Elijah before getting everything ready. Jenna makes John take some of the dishes. When the guys come back in Jenna smiles at them. "Sorry guys dessert is just longer then we thought I just unwrap them." "Horrible cook." I told her smiling. She gives me a quick glare and I chuckle. We go back into the kitchen cooking.

Elijah pov-

I left the boarding house after regaining my strength after being dagger annoyed and ready to kill. I pushed open the door to my apartment and Jonas looks at me. "What happened?" "I need you to find Elena. Now." I left right after he found her at the Gilbert's lake house and stood outside. I picked up rocks and threw them to the door. "You have to go. I need to talk to him alone." "Elena." Elena and Stefan figures much. "Stefan I'll be okay he cant get in the house." I smirk and walk toward the home. "You know I may not be able to enter this house." I stop at the steps putting one foot on it. "But I'm a very patent men. I'll wait you out." I heard walking before Elena came in view. "They didn't mean any harm." "The deal is off." "I'm renegotiating." This doppelganger has to be one of the most annoying ones. Tatia and Katherine weren't as bad and quick to break my trust as this one. "You have nothing left to negation with." I roll my eyes seeing her bring out a knife. "I like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelganger bleeds to death." "Stefan wont let you die." I tell her. But knowing my brother he'll come to Mystic Falls for one of two reasons or maybe even both. One being to break that curse and the second being to get Hayley. "No he wont. He'll feed me his blood then I'll kill myself to make me become a vampire just like Katherine did. So unless you want that to happen again. Promise me the same thing as before. Promise me you wont harm anyone I love." I was about to speak before she speaks again. "Even if they harmed you." I thought about it before looking toward the knife. "I'm sorry Elena. But I'm gonna have to call your bluff."

Hayley pov-

I heard Elijah outside and threshed against Damon again. I flinched hearing my sisters groans from pain and Elijah scream no. "Give me your word!" "I give you my word." 'Elijah dont!' I ran from Damon and my eyes widen seeing Elijah start going gray and all veining. "No! Elijah!" I was quickly grabbed and pulled off my feet. "Let go! Let go dammit Damon!" I growled as Elena let Elijah drop to the ground. Stefan ran to my sister and Damon grabbed my bracelet pulling it off. "Forget about tonight! You went to the dinner and Elijah left town." "I went to dinner and Elijah left town." I repeated. I was home the minute I put my bracelet back on. I went inside and closed my door.