Chapter 2.

Ariana POV 

I was almost done packing all of my things when I took a second to stare at the emptiness and unused space. I looked around the room recapturing all of my memories. I heard my phone start ringing and I grabbed it out of my back pocket as Chris Brown's 2012 echoed throughout the hollow space. I knew it was Keara because I'd never called her back like I promised I would. Truth is, I just wasn't in the mood for talking right now.

"Hello." I spoke glumly into the phone.

"What's wrong, and don't even think about lying to me." She demanded and I sighed before speaking.

"My grandfather died and I have to move to Los Angeles." I said sitting down on my bed, rubbing my ankle. There was a long pause before she began to speak.

"What? I'm so sorry boo. When are you leaving?" She asked.

"Thanks and I'm leaving later on today." I said as I heard her sniffles over the phone.

"Don't cry Keara, please." I begged. I really didn't want to feel anymore down than I already was.

"Sorry, it's just that I'm going to miss you." She said laughing and I smiled a little.

"I'm going to miss you too." I told her.

"Well who wouldn't." She said with cockiness.

"Oh brother!" I exclaimed shaking my head. She was a complete mess.

"Speaking of brother, let's talk about yours." She said with seduction lacing her voice. I immediately felt grossed out.

"That's disgusting." I said and she giggled. Who even still giggles?

"No it's not, your brother is hot and I wouldn't mind getting to know him better." She said and I knew she had her mind directly in the gutter.

"You use to talk about him though, remember?" I asked rhetorically and she sucked her teeth.

"Yeah but that was before. Raji done grew up to be something sexy!" She exclaimed and I gagged.

"I can't deal with you." I said shaking my head.

"You love me." She said and I saw the moving truck outside.

"Sadly I do, but I gotta go, movers are here." I said.

"Okay, call me every week." She said.

"I will." I replied before hanging up and taking all of my bags downstairs. My mom was standing up leaning against the door frame as my dad packed some things into tha U-Haul truck. I placed an arm around her waist and layed my head on her shoulder. She looked down at me and smiled.

"I love you Ariana." She said

"I love you too mommy." I replied as we finally shut the door and took our seats in the U-Haul. My mom took a seat next to me and rubbed my shoulder.

"Everything's going to be fine." She said and I nodded.

"I know mom." I said quietly closing my eyes.

****

<> Pharaoh.